Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Saving photos from an ipad to windows
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

Trying to get some photos off an ipad (over 500 so not convienient to email individually). They were not taken on the ipad.

I can view the photos on the ipad but when i connect it to my computer (os is windows 7) i cannot see them on the device anywhere (i am going through the usual process for importing photos and they are not showing up then im also trying to do it manually by showing hidden folders and files). However I’m only seeing photos that were taken on the ipad and im not seeing any hidden files at all – not the photos i want nor the music or videos that i know are on the device.

Can anyone be of assistance?

bruneep
    seavers
    Free Member

Sounds like unless you have a NAS drive, Drop box or some other cloud based thing might work. Are you connecting your iPad to your windows PC with iTunes? If not that might work.

Thing is it makes a difference how you got the photos on your iPad, they could be stored with in the app you used to get them on there. I have seen file explorer type apps you can download but not sure how useful they will be in connecting with your PC. The free ones usually make you pay for the version that will connect to a network.

I love my iPad/iPhone but they don’t make it easy to share with anything other than Apple products.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Yeah tried itunes too.

Its my mums ipad so the photos originally came from her iphone (via icloud which she no longer uses because she had an issue with some other photos disappearing).

seavers
    Free Member

If you can access and select the photos on the iPad then sending them to a cloud based thing like drop box would be best.

I just had a go at sending an album from my iPad to the cloud but it seems I have to select each file individually which is a pain. Maybe there is a way to select everything but I can’t see it.

skids
    Free Member

are they photostream photos that have come from an iPhone?

CountZero

There is a way to select multiple photos, you just tap ‘select’ in the top right corner, then tap on the photos you want, and it gives you the option of where you want them to go.
    You could set up a Flickr page, and export them there, you get a Terrabyte of storage free.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Saving photos from an ipad to windows’ is closed to new replies.