Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Save Woody the Kitten
  • Cougar

Or alternatively, “WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!”

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-woody-the-kitten

jamj1974

This leaves me beyond angry!

Cougar

<mod>I should add, I’ll be moderating shitty comments with extreme prejudice and possibly bans.</mod>

bearnecessities

Hands up, I’m dubious as to the ‘it must have been a person’ theory.

But either way, the little shit is hopefully getting fixed 🙂

The whole story sounds a bit dubious to me.

I suppose the internet has made me cynical.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m afraid the she lost me at “fur baby”

After that I couldn’t be arsed proceeding onto the reasons why poor Woody’s “skin mommy”  couldn’t be bothered to have pet insurance

Unlimited sympathy for the poor animal….absolutely none for the owner.

Cougar

It’s not a complete random post, the lass trying to raise money is a friend of a friend. Otherwise I too would have been sceptical.

johnners
    Free Member

It looks like the funding goal had already been met at the time of the OP. If anyone still wants to donate to an animal charity you’re better off doing it directly IMO.

tjagain

Why not go to PDSA – they do vet work for what you can afford

ElShalimo

It’s not a good as Missing Missy

bigyinn
    Free Member

Very nasty people out there, poor kitten.
    I have to ask, if they need £1100 for the surgery etc, why is the fundraising goal £2500? Good that they’ve exceeded it by nearly £1000.
    Nice that people are praying for the kitten….

Cougar

That’s mentioned in the updates, injuries were more serious than initially thought.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Get pet insurance like the rest of us, don’t expect others to bail you out when the pet you cant afford needs medical care!

martinhutch

I suppose the internet has made me cynical.

Without wanting to cast aspersions on this horrible story, I’ve often wondered whether any effort is made to verify the tales of woe on Go Fund Me etc.

DezB
    Free Member

Coulda bought a new one for a lot less. Just saying, like.

johnners
    Free Member

Coulda bought a new one for a lot less. Just saying, like.

Cold.

But true.

ossify

Something like this happened to us once – the cat was found on the doorstep late one fireworks night with injuries including a long deep cut the entire length of her tail, vet said clearly deliberately done with a knife. She ended up with her tail and one back leg being amputated.

DezB
    Free Member

People do get a bit weird about an animal they don’t know, don’t they…

How can anyone do this to a poor innocent animal like baby Woody, it’s sickening. Hope he gets better real soon, please keep us updated on your sweet baby x … £30

It certainly would be easy to sucker these mugs in on a false funding campaign.
    Hope it’s not though.
    Except, if it is then the poor lickle baby puddy isn’t all hurted.

taxi25
    Free Member

Without wanting to cast aspersions on this horrible story, I’ve often wondered whether any effort is made to verify the tales of woe on Go Fund Me etc.

No need for verification, either you believe the story or you don’t.
    If however you did have evidence that the story is completely fictitious then it’s a fraud. You could bring it to the attention of the police or gofundme. Gfm would certainly look into it and pull the fund if need be.
    I reckon this one is true, the injuries don’t seem consistent with an accident, even if they were its an injured animal and the owner can’t afford the treatment (not everyone can afford insurance, and don’t mention the obvious, I know). I’d have sent a fiver if the target hadn’t been reached. If it turned out I’d been scammed then shame on them not on me.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Save Woody the Kitten’ is closed to new replies.