Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sauze D'Oulx – Anyone know when the lifts open for the 2013 summer season?
  • fbk
    Free Member

As above – we’re hoping to head down there the first week in July but can’t find any info on what week the lifts open…

fbk
    Free Member

Hmm, guess that’s a no then 🙂

floki
    Free Member

Lifts open mid July until end August … so says Mountain Biking Europe guide.

fbk
    Free Member

Cheers floki. Problem is, some say that and some of the websites say “end of June to early September”. It’s impossible to get an accurate answer at the moment.

It’s the same with a lot of the Alpine ski resorts though to be fair. I realise MTB is very much a secondary business for them but it’s a real shame when it’s becoming more and more popular. It makes arranging a trip so difficult. Looks like we may just spend a few more days in Les Arcs

ianv
    Free Member

Big bike magazine says mid July till end august.

The French resorts like Montgenevre and serre chevalier are just over the border and will be open early July. Deux alpes is open mid June. pretty much all French resorts open first week July.

floki
    Free Member

fbk – no problem
    Whilst Sauze was good fun, I thought the trails were a bit limited – but that was a few years back.

Marko

As a rule the Italian lifts open at the weekends only in July. Some will be open during the week – Campo Smith in Bardonechhia is usually open all week. Without a doubt this is the mother ship out of all the Alpi Bike park resorts.

Sauze may be open the odd day, but this is often only the lower lift. Best bet is always to find a TIC and get them to ring around for you. We found that even the resorts didn’t know if they would be open.
    Hth
    Marko

Rik
    Free Member

Usually weekends only until around 20th of July then every day until lady week in Aug.

Anybody know of any nice self catered accom in Sauze? Only ever camped before but fancy done comfort?

FieldMarshall

Going by last years dates, its open weekends only from end June to mid July and then every day then on until end Aug.

http://www.sauzefreeride.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18&Itemid=23&lang=en

fbk
    Free Member

That’s great – thanks for the info guys.

Real shame though as we were hoping to go for a few days mid-week at the beginning of July. I guess we’ll need to find another venue.

zerocool

I’ve been trying to find out about Alpi as well without much luck. Nearest info I’ve found is from 2011 that said they open on 2nd June. Can you camp near Sauze D’Oulx?

Guess I’ll be popping to Les 2 Alpes for a week before Morzine opens this year instead.

Tom KP

nickd
    Free Member

off to Alpi in august and looking for somewhere to stay, does anyone have any recommendations as the alpi website is a bit of a minefiled for accomodation.

YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

I’ve tracked down some lift times via Google translate…

http://www.alpibikeresort.com/interna_news.aspx?idE=116&idA=12

Cold, rain and snow have tried to stop us but it is now all set to start again with a new season of gravity.
    As usual, Bardonecchia and will be the first resort to open Prali ski lifts and trails. A follow Sauze d’Oulx and Sestriere.

New this year will be Chiomonte while the chairlift Cesana-San Sicario is granted a season of rest!

Bardonecchia: June: we all from 15 July and August: every day September: 1 -7-8

Cesana-San Sicario:closed!

Chiomonte: stay tuned!

Prali: June: 16-23-24-30 July and August: every day September: 1-7-8-14-15-21-22-28 -29

Sauze d’Oulx: June: 29-30. July and August: from July 6 to August 25. August 31 September: 1
    These dates refer to the chairlift Jovenceaux-Sportinia. For Black Rocks … stay tuned!

Sestriere: July and August: from July 6 to August 25 Good riding!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sauze D'Oulx – Anyone know when the lifts open for the 2013 summer season?’ is closed to new replies.