Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Sausage Roll Ban
  • anagallis_arvensis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-41412911

OMG Binners will be enraged!!

Is his real name MR Fryer, surely this is a made up name?

Mr Fryer said his son’s sausage roll was removed last Monday and given back to him at the end of the day.
    “He was given a ham sandwich instead but he hates ham so there’s no way he was going to eat it.
    “He ended up eating a dry crisp sandwich. How is that any healthier?”

He added: “It’s my job as a parent to decide what my child eats, not the school’s.
    “The school won’t even compromise and allow us to send sausage rolls once or twice a week. I’m furious.”

mattyfez

So lemme get this straight, they took his processed meat and carb combo off of him, and insisted he ate thier alternative processed meat and carb combo.

OK.

Or was it artisan acorn fed ham on organic wholemeal bread? In which case I’d take the upgrade.

binners

To the barricades brothers and sisters.

First they came for our pastry based snacks…..

This is fascism!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Leeds innitz
    U wait til HS2 gits reeet up dar ..

Humus, naw not funne at tall

firestarter
    Free Member

My kids school don’t allow crisps or chocolate

And the story is from Bradford not Leeds. Where coincidentally a massive percentage of the population don’t dig the pig

slowoldman

Leeds? It’s Bratfud. Where meat and two veg is pie, chips and mash.

anagallis_arvensis

Maybe that guy running the teacher was carrying an illegal load of pastry based goods for starving children?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Is that a burning bottle of Stella Wifebeater in the picture Binners?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Where coincidentally a massive percentage of the population don’t dig the pig

Ah, Muslims you mean? Is there any conspiracy that they aren’t behind?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Sausage Ban
    The group that split from the Telly ban

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They must approve of the ham sandwich though. Right?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Are we not asking the wrong questions here??
    Was it a Greggs special foot long sausage roll
    OR
    Was it a waitrose organic fed free range gluten free sausage roll????
    WE NEED TO KNOW!!

RustySpanner

Only if it’s wafer thin.

Anyone got a drone I can borrow, for humanitarian purposes?

mattyfez

Urrrm.. “He was given a ham sandwich instead”

Inciting religious hatred score: 0/10

anagallis_arvensis

No ham in a gregs sausage roll!!

teethgrinder

monkeysfeet – Member – Block User
    Is that a burning bottle of Stella Wifebeater in the picture Binners?

Can’t be. Nowhere near enough alcohol in Stella to light it. It were all 5.2% abv fields around here when I were a lad.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Inciting religious hatred score: 0/10

More like promoting a conspiracy against Muslims.

Wait, no, cuz I stated previously: “Is there any conspiracy that they aren’t behind?”

But it would seem that there is – ie firestarter’s conspiracy that Muslims are behind the conspiracy to remove sausage from school lunches. So how can they feasibly/simultaneously behind his conspiracy about their (alleged) conspiracy? Wait – because they’re Muslims 🙄

dmorts

He added: “It’s my job as a parent to decide what my child eats, not the school’s.
    “The school won’t even compromise and allow us to send sausage rolls once or twice a week. I’m furious.”

Sort of your job unless, as this indicates, you regularly feed them sausage rolls. In which case, I fully agree with an intervention. It’s just disappointing it was a ham sandwich! 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

Haha that didn’t take long, **** me. They were given a ham sandwich instead, you know pig

wilburt
    Free Member

Whilst down here in Suffolk our kids love a sausage roll(outdoor reared locally made and Greggs) and have much lower obesity levels and extra 10yrs life than Bradford.

funkmasterp

The policy says pupils are encouraged to show their packed lunches to staff before and after they have eaten.

Wha? How can they show them their lunch after they’ve eaten it. Checking out children’s shit for health reasons is going a bit too far in my humble opinion

bikebouy
    Free Member

Brudf’t not Leeds eh.. well when they build the connecting line through the city center it’ll all be one massive conurbation.. oh.. wait..

Norvern Par’arse innit.

firestarter
    Free Member

They also check our kids before and after just to see how much they’ve actually eato

wilburt
    Free Member
    funkmasterp

They also check our kids before and after just to see how much they’ve actually eato

Like weighing them and running a tape around their midriff?

firestarter
    Free Member

Lunch boxes of course and no not linfords

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Chouxria law?

Patissical correctness gone mad?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Firstly the area is about as white as you can get, and unfortunately not that affulent either. The dad was probably in a rush getting to work and just through in a pie. I’ve done it, sure many others have well.

All this kind of shit does is further drive the axe between teachers and parents. The teachers no doubt hate implementing such rules and realise the contradiction of the school serving dinners that often serve chips and processed meat.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Firstly the area is about as white as you can get

And they don’t dig the pig?

Call themselves English????

P-Jay
    Free Member

Sons school banned choc and crisps from mid-morning snack to be replaced with a healthy alternative, being the good looking rabel who only plays be his own rules i am, I continued to push the boundaries in the end we got these past inspection

They’re 15% fat and 41 sugar but hey – they’ve got oats in them!

Well until my wife reminded me I’m not that good looking, I’m not allowed to be rebellious anymore and I live by her rules and we went back to giving him fruit again (still almost all sugar).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

through in a pie. I’ve done it, sure many others have well.

Travis

No processed meats, sausage rolls, chocolate, crisps or nuts are allowed in my sons Junior school for lunches / snacks etc.

darrenspink
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart

😉

slowoldman

What’s the objection to nuts?

firestarter
    Free Member

😀

Yak

I think once you have a child at risk from anaphylaxis from nuts, then most schools ban nuts.

GrahamS

We’ve had to start sending our eldest in with a mid-morning snack this term.

My suggestion of a Steak Bake was not appreciated.

Chocolate seems to be allowed as long as it is in a suitably middle class form, for example a brioche or pain au chocolat.

mattyfez

I think once you have a child at risk from anaphylaxis from nuts, then most schools ban nuts.

Anecdotal but last time I flew the flight attendants made an announcement that there would be no nuts served as a passenger had a severe allergy, and if anyone had nuts they should refrain from getting them out.

I thought that was quite nice.

docrobster
    Free Member

Our kids weren’t allowed to play conkers at infants and juniors due to a child’s nut allergy.

jonnyboi

If the kid has school dinners instead they can get fried food twice a week, according to the guidelines.

So unless they have seriously increased the standard of the school dinner options, banning certain packed lunch foods is a bit hypocritical

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Sausage Roll Ban’ is closed to new replies.