• This topic has 38 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cjr61.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Sat on my sofa cuddling my new baby son born yesterday…life is good!
  • cjr61

Merry Christmas all

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Congratulations. Went to the football with my 12 yo son today. 4-0 win, steak pies at half time and chips on the way home. Great day.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Best feeling ever…now comes the hard part 😀

First family XMas enjoy

1-shed
    Free Member

Congratulations enjoy, same birthday as my boy.

grahamt1980

Congrats – Just over 5 months here.
    Its awesome, and when things get challenging remember it gets better fast

garage-dweller

Congratulations. They’re awesome (and mouthy, irritating, messy, mouthy, eat you out of house and home, demanding, messy, mouthy) and awesome.

My wife found the definition of a boy online somewhere when ours were smaller.

A noise with dirt on it…

Can also be spelled

Annoys with dirt on it.

Both are true.

Have a really great Christmas.

scaredypants

mmmmmmwwwwwaaahhhhaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaa !

by 25th you’ll have lost about 30hrs sleep and found 4 ways of getting puke/shite out of your hair

I mean, it is great but … can I have your bike ?

Happy Christmas

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Take a photo of your face now. And then do the same in 3 months time……

Congratulations. The hard work is worth it.

sandwicheater

High five OP. Our second is due and day now.

Fun times ahead. How’s mum?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

cjr61, congratulations to you and your family! It’s a lovely feeling. I miss being able to hold my children in one hand, but they still leap up for cuddles!

ctk
    Free Member

can I have your bike ?

Take a photo of your face now. And then do the same in 3 months time……

LOL

Congratulations. You already love him more than you ever thought possible and you’ll love him more each day- wait til he looks you in the eyes and smiles at you !

ffej
    Free Member

Congratulations! As others have hinted.. there will be tough days and nights ahead, but it gets easier. (first 3 months are tough!)
    Once they start laughing and giggling with you though, it’s the best feeling.

Jeff

cumberlanddan
    Free Member

Just wait til he starts talking back! Its not as far away as you think!

Good times though. Prepare for the speedy passage of time…

daftvader
    Free Member

Nice one!!! Our newest, minimissvader is 5 months old now… Enjoy the first few months… It’s an awesome, exhausting, exhilarating, confusing best time ever

stox
    Free Member

Congratulations … My son is five hours old! 🙂
    I’ve got my own little sofa bed next to him and my wife in hospital tonight.

athgray
    Free Member

Congratulations. Enjoy the festive period. You will find time starts speeding up now.

jimmy

Nice. At 5 months here but that day holding her for the first time was just perfect.

jamj1974

Many congratulations!

cheers_drive

Congratulations, our baby daughter is 2 months old now.
    I won’t lie there will be some tough days but every baby is different so don’t listen too much to the advice of others.

boxelder

Congrats. Look after Mum – that’s the main job of new Dads.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Waaaay! So cool. 8 and a half weeks in with our not so little (9:14 on arrival) guy and I’m still an emotional kaleidoscope. How can a baby crying feel so painfully sad yet fill you with such immense joy at the same time? Daftness

hatter

Brilliant, welcome to the ‘cliff-face’ learning curve of early parenthood! It does get easier and way more rewarding when the personality starts coming through, the first gummy grin and “DA-DA!” when you walk in the door wil knock your socks off.

Got a 1 year old daughter and a 3 year old son here, they’re ace, they’re both an exquisite pain in the arse in thier own special way but I wouldn’t be without them for the world.

cjr61

Thanks all for the kind words and congratulations.

No, I’m keeping my bikes in the hope I can Buck the trend and still ride with a newborn…haha

Mum is good. Epic labour and I’m still in absolute awe of her.

I’m quite proud that it’s only taken me an hour to read my own thread…baby’s first bath was an experience!

All the best and wait for me to post that odd houra

stumpy01

Congratulations! We’re almost 8 weeks in with a little girl.

It’s bloody hard work and a steep learning curve, but definitely worth it!
    Even though everyone tells you how much sleep you’ll lose and how tired you’ll be, you can’t comprehend it until it’s actually happening!

Already planning what balance bike to buy her!

fasthaggis

Congratulations OP.
    Up after midnight with a new bambino,excellent,takes me back.
    My youngest and I are sat up after midnight watching rubbish telly,he’s just back for the hols ,and now the house feels complete.
    All the best.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Congratulations cjr and the other new dads. I am currently in Barcelona with Mrs TGA for our first holiday without the children since out honeymoon ten years ago. It’s lovely, but I can’t wait to see the grubby little oiks – 14, 8 and 5 – on Christmas Eve! You think they can’t get any better than when they’re babies, but they do 🙂 . And noise with dirt on, that’s a very good description.

MoreCashThanDash

My eldest (now 12) and I rode to a Cafe for lunch and there were a couple of mums there with newborns. Hard to believe he was ever that small, he’s getting a 16″ Inbred frame for Xmas.

Youngest is 9 today as well.

Congratulations OP. Remember this amazing feeling. It will have worn off in a week of sleep deprived fear and confusion. So hold on to this feeling in the tough times. And take good care of Mum and yourself.

thegreatape
    Free Member

But remember that good parenting is about leading by example. This includes teaching babies how to go to sleep.

globalti
    Free Member

Congrats. The first three days are a shock, the next three weeks are tough, the next three months easier and then you’re home and dry.

As a Dad myself and remembering our own event 16 years ago I will give you one word of advice:

ROUTINE.

Kids thrive on routine and knowing the limits and boundaries. A story then bed at the same time every night, kiss and cuddle, lights out, end of. Don’t go gallavanting around the country showing him off, that can come later.

If you read to him every evening he will get a head start on all the other kids that you’ll never regret. Ours amazed the nursery school staff by reading out car numberplates when they went for a toddle to the park.

He’s now turning into a useful cyclist and willing to spend more and more time on the front.

Pigface
    Free Member

Congratulations

cjr61

First night pretty good! Impressive how something so small can fill a washing machine with dirty clothes so fast!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Routine is good but don’t let it rule your life. We had a holiday with my brother in laws family and he was a nightmare. Completely unwilling to be flexible regarding his kids routine. He was telling us what time we were all having breakfast etc, had to leave places by 4pm.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Massive congratulations to all of you! 😛 Boys freakin’ rock (mama of 3 – 23, 25 and 28 😛 )

stumpy01

cjr61 – Member
    First night pretty good! Impressive how something so small can fill a washing machine with dirty clothes so fast!

You’ve already taught him to load the washing machine! Good work! 😀

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

My 7 yo daughter made us pancakes for breakfast this morning.

dogmatix

Super congratulations! I think my wife and my first words to each other when we got our first born home (As our little un’ was sat in the middle of the room in a car seat) for the first time was WTF!!! . An actual human being!!! 😯

big_scot_nanny

Congratulations! But cool, innit. 🙂

We had a mentally rigorously enforced routine for the first, and he slept, ate and got on with life wonderfully. Bit constraining though.

By number three we didn’t really care anymore and turned out fine too. 🙂

Just enjoy every bloody amazing moment.

geetee1972
    Free Member

When I was six my dad took me to see Star Wars at the cinema (1978).

Tomorrow I’m taking my six year old to see The Force Awakens.

I am so excited I think I might burst.

cjr61

Exciting times. It does really help you remember the real priorities in life.

I like a feel good thread!

STW just need to make some tiny weenie baby beanies now. 😀

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Sat on my sofa cuddling my new baby son born yesterday…life is good!’ is closed to new replies.