Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sat Nav to use in the USA !
  • 83PGA
    Free Member

We are off to the US on holiday – does anyone know if you can get a sat nav with US maps loaded ? I suppose I could buy one out there ,but we pick the car up straight away and fairly late ! Any other ideas – to rent one with the car is also an option but is expensive.

Thanks.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

I use copilot live on my iPhone – it’s great.
    Otherwise, I’m sure you can download the maps over here if you’ve got a sat nav already?

lodious
    Free Member

I downloaded the maps for my tomtom. Took hours, but has worked well. They are silly money to rent with a car.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

If you’re driving in a big city, lane guidance is handy – some highways have 8+ lanes each way and knowing where to be saved my ass a few times in NYC rush hour

forge197
    Free Member

As above put a USA map on our TomTom worked perfectly.

mattstreet

We looked into renting one for a few weeks in the states, but it worked out cheaper to buy one in the UK and get the USA maps (about £30). Had to put an extra SD card card in the TomTom too, but it worked great.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If you’ve got a smartphone it’s easiest to buy a Satnav app for it. I bought a TomTom one or similar for £20-£30 and it was perfect. Best thing is that I’ve got that app forever now, it’ll keep being updated and all I have to do is reload it onto my phone before we go again. Plus I find the GPS on my phone is far superior to my satnav and it reroutes virtually instantly as a result.

rickt
    Free Member

Navman .. Download usa map.. Free android and poss iPhone. Uses gps only and not data like some others.

Or $50 at Walmart.. You can pre order a refurb tomtom and collect in store .

83PGA
    Free Member

Many thanks for all the help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sat Nav to use in the USA !’ is closed to new replies.