Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Saris bones
  • samuelr
    Free Member

Anyone have a saris bones 2? Is it any good. I need a cheap way of transporting 2 bikes on the back of a hatchback for 6 months until my new company car arrives. I can’t put the bikes in the back as its a hire car and can’t ruin the interior.

captaingfx
    Free Member

I bought a Saris Bones 3 second hand (lots about) for my son to put on his small hatchback. He gets on really well with it. It’s a good design which is easy to configure to your car. I used this to check it works on his; Saris Racks.

One thing to consider is that it still uses metal “hooks” to secure it to the boot so go careful on the hire car.

kimbers

yeah, maybe get some old inner tube to protect the car from the hooks, but I have a 2 & 3 and theyve not marked mine that Ive noticed, very good racks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevextc
    Free Member

Works good for hardtails, full suss can be a challenge.

andybrad

My full sus didn’t fit the straps

kimbers

I use something like this for my full sus with the saris

Bike Frame Adaptor

BenjiM

Been using the same Saris Bones 2 for about 14 years now. No problems. I did helitape the hooks to protect the car however they are already coated. As above the adaptor is great for odd shaped frames.

cb200
    Free Member

I wouldn’t like to install one every time I used the bike, but as a backup/auxiliary rack it’s very handy.

I’ve had it on six different car models ranging from tiny city car to estate to SUV and it has fitted them all.

The hooks feel like they might damage the bodywork, but the coating seems to do its job so no damage so far.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Saris bones’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts