Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Saris Bones 3 & Hecklers
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anyone got one?

Looking for an option as my bike doesn’t fit in the car……

any good, understand it’s a pain for the first fitting but wondering after that.
    Looking to carry 2 Hecklers or 2 456’s or a combination of
    Cheers

timmys

I used my Bones 3 once and then sold it. I’m not sure they’re particularly worse than other “strap-ons” but I wouldn’t trust one with a couple of chunky full-suss bikes personally. Apart from anything else they are a right hassle for anything other than a simple hardtail.

rhid

I have used them in the past with a HT but I think it would be difficult to fit a heckler on due to the shock position. Not certain though but I had trouble putting my 5 spot on it and looking at my heckler it would be very difficult.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cheers guys

puddings
    Free Member

To get my Ibis mojo to fit i use the saris bike beam which links between the stem and seatpost(backed up with straps just in case!). Works on long journeys ok

spudly1979
    Free Member

hi, used a saris bones 3 for 2 full sussers – mix of a canyon nerve, giant anthem and a spesh fsr – all fit ok with a bit of pushing and thinking.

as ^^ you can get almost any bike to fit using a bike beam TBH.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

as ^^ you can get almost any bike to fit using a bike beam TBH.

Cheers but have a droper post and no exposed “Proper” seat post, back to drawing board – think I need a tow bar fitted

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Saris Bones 3 & Hecklers’ is closed to new replies.