Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sarcoma Tumor (GIST) – Need facts ASAP
  • bentandbroken

Not me, but I am going along as a second pair of ears tomorrow afternoon. Due to dreadful (non existent) comms from the referring hospital and denial from the sufferer I am now trying to get facts ASAP so I can ask the right questions and listen well

Can anyone point me at decent sources of info, specifically ‘measures’, stages, complications, different/likely treatments. Wiki gave me an overview. Macmillan some generic info about Cancer, but I feel like I need more info

I know Bullheart went through Sarcoma, but I cant find the thread 🙁 I am also sure there is some good info in there, but need to drill down to detail facts quickly and may not have time to read the whole thread

TIA

crikey
    Free Member

You’ll have to google it, and read each one with an open mind. It’s rare and so the info is not common.

Good luck.

crispybacon
    Free Member

have you tried the Sarcoma UK site, there maybe some useful stuff there.

Good luck

crikey
    Free Member

…and do try to relax a bit. Cancers don’t grow overnight and the treatments for said cancers don’t happen in the time it takes to stamp your feet.

Relax a bit, for your sake and for the person with the diagnosis.

Gweilo
    Free Member

I cant give you any expert advice, just wanted to pass on my best wishes and to say hav a look at

http://www.cancer.net it provides details on staging etc.

Good luck for tomorrow and my best wishes.

project
    Free Member
    scaredypants
    mrsmouse
    Free Member

Have a look at the following for an overview of GIST and the treatment available for it:

http://cancerhelp.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-questions/what-is-the-treatment-for-gist-gastrointestinal-stromal-tumour

bentandbroken

This is all good stuff and much better than my google research so far.

Thanks for all your help so far.

…and do try to relax a bit. Cancers don’t grow overnight and the treatments for said cancers don’t happen in the time it takes to stamp your feet.

Relax a bit, for your sake and for the person with the diagnosis.
    Very valid point. Apparently my input is important because I seem “calm and confident”. I am obviously a better actor/poker player than I thought

bullheart
    Free Member

Email me. Lets have a chat.

thebullheart@gmail.com

wallop

OP – how did it go?

codybrennan
    Free Member

+1 for BH (as per)

bentandbroken

Sorry for the slow response, it’s been a bit hectic for the last 24 hours

As before, the links posted were great and invaluable to me when we saw the consultants. I don’t want to post too much detail on here, but the outcome (so far) is very positive and we both feel relieved that we have a confirmed diagnosis and a comprehensive plan for the future.

Bullheart; Thanks for getting in touch, you have mail

Thanks STW!

Sandwich

We’re good on help for cancer here. Well done us!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sarcoma Tumor (GIST) – Need facts ASAP’ is closed to new replies.