Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Saracen Ariel – gettig on for a year thoughts on them
  • andysandes
    Free Member

Hi,

About to push the button on one of these the Ariel 2 as they look on the money for a DH’r looking for a new ‘all mountain’ (hate the phrase its just a mountain bike) bike that is fun dh.

How have people got on with them? Are they as good as all the mags say?

The other contenders were an orang 5 but the frame only is a good chunk of a complete Saracen or the mega but I’m worried that is going to be too small at 18.5 as i’m 6ft 3″

Also if anyone is looking for 2010 17″ cheap then biketart have some amazing prices on them – unfortunetly I need a large.

Thanks

Andy

LoCo
    Free Member

Like mine alot, won’t take a coil rear shock though and only just long enough at same height as you on the large frame, going to change forks as the open bath fox ones don’t feel that good in comparison to the FIT dampered ones or the Blackbox damped Rockshox forks.

andysandes
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply LoCo. What length seatpost do you have in on yours?

The model I’m looking at has the float RL not FIT how do they fair?

LoCo
    Free Member

I’ve got the same ones, untouched as haven’t had time to ‘play’ with the internals. Ok but the FIT dampers are very good, just me being a bit picky I suppose 😀

mckeown
    Free Member

Absolutely cracking bike! Both of us here at Real cycles ride and love them. As you say they are a fantastic bike for a dh’er looking for an all mountain bike. We have some blitzing deals on them as well and as always we will price match!

http://www.realcycles.com/products.php?plid=m1b0s1p2624

andysandes
    Free Member

I’m guessing from your website the answer is no, but you don’t have any 19″ 2010 2 or 3s still do you?

mckeown
    Free Member

Unfortunately not. We have been unable to get them for a while now. I couldn’t even point you towards someone I know has one! Sorry!

andysandes
    Free Member

Thanks – I think I’ve just found a 2010 2 in the large size and on offer, not quite as cheap as you guys, but no one seems to have sale large frames!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Saracen Ariel – gettig on for a year thoughts on them’ is closed to new replies.