Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Santini bib shorts
  • Premier Icon 13thfloormonk
    Free Member

Just idle curiosity really, am always on the lookout for another good set of bibs.

I currently have Endura, Morvelo and Castelli. I also have Rapha Core and although they are my favourite fit and material they are my least favourite pad, causes much more chafing than any of the others, I’ll probably just use them for short CX type rides now where I don’t mind if they get a bit knackered by brambles/mud/silly falls.

The Morvelo Overlands are great for long distance, I just did 450km off road over four days and they were brilliant throughout, but the cut is weird, quite ‘loose’ across the lower belly which allows ‘things’ to sort of move about and get in the way when pedalling! I’d be tempted by more Morvelo if their road shorts had a different cut.

The Endura and Castelli shorts are really comfortable in general but the pads definitely seem thinner than the Morvelo or Rapha pads, not my first choice for gravel rides or longer road rides.

I’ve heard good things on here about Santini but unsure about the sizing and different models. My two criteria are a similar ‘compressive’ fit as the Rapha Core shorts, but a good dense long distance pad like the Morvelos.

Any Santini fans care to comment?

Ta

Premier Icon the00
    Free Member

I think I have a pair, and they’re fine. I like them and would buy again. Not tried Rapha or Morvelo though, so can’t really compare. You sound a little more discerning than me too.

Premier Icon trailwagger
    Free Member

I think Sportful have one of the best pads around. not seems or ridges or so called “anatomical” shapes.

Premier Icon 13thfloormonk
    Free Member

discerning fussy 😉

Premier Icon munrobiker
    Free Member

I love Santini shorts. They come up small – I’m normally a medium in everything but in their bibs I’ve always been a large (just over 11 stone, 5’10”). They’re very comfortable and the pad is good without being thick and obtrusive.

Premier Icon benman
    Free Member

I bought some Santini Mago bibs at the start of the summer, so I’ve done a few miles in them now. I’m a size large Castelli, and the large Santini fit very similarly.

I find the Santini pad a bit firmer, and maybe a bit thinner than my Castelli KISS pads. For longer rides I still choose my Castelli shorts with the X2 pad.

Free Member

Good sizing info, thanks guys, sounds like I’m an XL then!

Need to try a longer ride with my Castellis, am maybe mis-remembering how thick the pad is (only using them for turbo duties at the moment as they are much lighter weight than my other shorts, not ideal for gravel rides or Scottish Autumn conditions!).

Premier Icon t3ap0t
    Free Member

Got a pair of these Prendas/Santini in XL, you can have them for £20 posted if you’re interested.

https://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/reviews/cycling-jerseys/prendas-grand-tour-celebration-jersey-bib-shorts-cap-review.html

Worn a handful times but they are a bit too short in length for me as I’m 6’6″ so they are a bit ball crushing. I’m 34″ waist and they feel ok other than the length.

Premier Icon the00
    Free Member

Agree with the typically Italian sizing

Free Member

Got a pair of these Prendas/Santini in XL, you can have them for £20 posted if you’re interested.

Very tempted t3ap0t! If nothing else a cheap and guilt free way of checking sizing for future reference.

Will private message, let me know if you don’t see it.

Ta

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.