Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Santa Cruz Solo- anyone own/ridden one?
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Never got on with my Heckler, so got rid of it, but this does look kinda nice..

Any realworld reviews??

tomhoward

Come to Stainburn on Sunday, Stif are doing a demo day, try for yourself.

butterbean
    Free Member

A little birdy told me STW had one on test last week, only they couldn’t use it, due to the dirty great crack in the back end. Oops!

rOcKeTdOg

I touched one last week, it felt very nice

HTH

Teetosugars
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    I touched one last week, it felt very nice
    HTH

Hahah!! Ace..

Looks like a day away from DIY on Sunday and try and get over to Stainburn..

bigjim

I overtook one of the SC staff riding on at the glentress 7 on a climb. Ergo, ASR5>Solo 8)

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Saw one at the excel bike show last weekend. Very nice.

Got a few years left in my HD yet.

chipps

Me! I rode one at the launch in Ballater (as seen in the current issue) and we do have one of those launch bikes on test at the moment. It’s currently being photoshot. (And yes, there’s a hairline crack in the finish so we’re waiting for a replacement back end from Jungle. To be fair, there’s a five year warranty on all of SC’s frames). Ours was one of the first frames that Santa Cruz got (and which they raced at Glentress 7). Looking forward to getting back out on it.

tomhoward

Best give ’em a bell to check one will be there, but I cant imagine there won’t be one. They arent taking bookings though.

Details on the website.

brickwizard
    Free Member

Any idea the weight the alloy version weighs in at??
    Love the look of them

rOcKeTdOg

From the pick it up and suck teeth test I did I’d say a lrg alloy was 5.5lb ish

tomhoward

Well, I rode the solo c today in mega bling spec, xx1 and carbon wheels, and frankly, everyone can stop now. It’s perfect.

(One may argue that a bike with an rrp of £8600 😯 bloody well should be. It really is incredible)

rOcKeTdOg

£8600 😯

tomhoward

I know. Gutted. Unless I win the lottery, or start shitting diamonds, I’ll never own one 😥

unklehomered
    Free Member

Holy crap was that the rrp of that bike??? I rode it briefly (was building new features on the red), it was nice, it really was, but I struggled to think it was better than my meta AM, it was not way 2.5 times as good…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Go to Santa Cruz’s website and go to the bike builder bit….

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s got £3000 worth of rims on it!
    I don’t think the full builds are great value anyway. I reckon you could build one up better and cheaper.

tomhoward

£1600 the pair for the rims. I enquired…

forge197
    Free Member

Tried all these today my fav was the Solo.

wrecker
    Free Member

£1600 the pair for the rims. I enquired…

My bad. Thought it was £1500 each rather than the pair.
    Supposed to be bloody good though…….

Tried all these today my fav was the Solo.

Where did you ride them?

unklehomered
    Free Member

We noticed a few new paint scrapes about the place, who had an expensive mishap then??? 😀

forge197
    Free Member

Where did you ride them?

Stif Demo Day at Stainburn, nice little loop and some nice bikes to try, my first ride since breaking my rib so seemed a good way to do a few short loops and make sure all is well be venturing further afield and currently short listing some bikes.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Gutted I couldn’t make it…
    Determined to try and demo one tho..

Northwind

For much less, you can stick 650b stickers all over an old blur 😉

luke1688

How was the new heckler? I’ve tried the BronsonC and whilst a very nice bike to ride I didn’t think it was any better for me than my TRc

forge197
    Free Member

Luke – the Heckler came second for me it felt a little more nimble than the Bronson. I wasn’t going to try the Heckler but tried while waiting for the Solo and it’s was great, glad I’d did. The Heckler felt fun and did make me smile 🙂

I like the Bronson but it felt a little to big for the tight track if I only rode the Alps which I don’t it would be excellent, the way it accelerates and climbs is stunning just felt a little to much for 95% of my riding, where as the Solo felt it would work for 95% of my riding and I can mince on the 5% if and when it happens 🙂

Tettosugars – it’s was well run and I got to demo the bikes I wanted round a nice short loop, was surprised no merchandise and it was entirely no pressure just about the bikes, also liked that time was taken to set the suspension up for every rider, which I know is good thing but nice detail to sort when dealing with a fair few people.

Northwind : 😆

Rorschach
    Free Member

Does it ride like a Trc but with ever so slightly bigger wheels?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Solo- anyone own/ridden one?’ is closed to new replies.