Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Santa Cruz solo 5010 bottom bracket height
  • Cowman

Am close to getting one of these in the new year, but have read a lot about the low bottom bracket height. Has anyone found this really a problem if they have one please?

What are the general views on this aspect.

Thanks

Stevelol
    Free Member

I have a TRc which has the same height and it’s really not a problem. You learn to adjust your cadence and lines after a while. I would recommend 170mm cranks, low profile pedals and a bashguard to minimise any potential issues.

Cowman

Thanks for the advice.

Cowman

At 6 2 would I be too tall for 170 mil cranks??

jairaj

Surely depends on seat tube length and and seat post length?

For what its worth, I had a similar problem when I first got a Transition Bandit. BB was quite low and used to get the odd pedal strike. Without even thinking about it, I have learned to pedal differently and time my pedal strokes over rough terrain. I hardly ever get pedal strikes now. Its just something I naturally picked up within a few months of riding.

antares
    Free Member

2 rides into mine and I’ve not found it an issue yet. 175mm cranks as well.

Cowman

Thanks that’s great yo hear a few views. Will look at what it feels like then.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’ve gone for 165mm cranks on my Tallboy to help with ground clearance but also because I prefer the smaller circle that the pedals prescribe with shorter cranks. I’m 6’4″ for reference

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz solo 5010 bottom bracket height’ is closed to new replies.