• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by tdog.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Santa Cruz sizing
  • dcl

Anyone had an experience on full suss sizing on SC.
    Looking at getting the Tallboy alloy but size chart says large but am a definite medium on the Yeti 4.5 I demoed. I am just over 6ft.
    thanks for your help

sheck

In my opinion you’ll need a large… SC come up small. I have a large Tallboy 3, with an in-line dropper, 55mm stem and I’m 5’11”, with a preference for small bikes

sheck

Oh, and for the avoidance of doubt, I’m very happy with the fit and the ride!

dcl

Perfect sheck. Just what I thought!!
    Looks like I might be getting one!!

speedstar

SC sizing comes up fairly small. General consensus is to size up although their TT’s are getting longer.

alpineharry
    Free Member

If you can I’d try an XL. I’m 5’10/11″ and ride a large mk3 nomad which feels a little bit small if anything

mikewsmith
    Free Member

New geos are miles from “used to” in a lot of ways medium nomad sits bang on the same as my medium commencal. And at 6ft that would be large in most bikes. Though with standover being good on most modern bikes it’s almost pick a length

bigbloke
    Free Member

I am 5′ 11.5 “, 31.5” inside leg. I am on a Large Hightower.

sillyoldman

5’10 on a large HT. Medium was far too short.

They’re longer than they used to be, but still conservative.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

At 6ft I would deff go for a large (but try an XL as well if you get the chance) on an SC. I’m 6’1 with a large nomad mk3 which is just about big enough for me. I tried an xl nomad and it just felt there was too much bike on tighter techy stuff

corroded
    Free Member

Yep, size up for SC. I’m 6’1 and prefer XL to L.

dcl

Spoke to Stif and they reckon an xl as its old geo!!

tdog
    Free Member

Check out the carbon tallboys at biketart on ebay for a knockout price in xl iirc.

That’s if you feel inclined to go carbonified

Edit) BikeTart ebay shop xl Tallboy Carbon

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz sizing’ is closed to new replies.