• This topic has 12 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by rickon.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Santa Cruz Megatower 2 joins the downtube storage gang
  • Ben_Haworth

The new Santa Cruz Megatower 2 remains a big travel 29in wheel enduro bike with the most progressive geometry to date. And a Glovebox.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Santa Cruz Megatower 2 joins the downtube storage gang

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

munkyboy
    Free Member

£5500 for an nx build?

sharkattack

Coming soon to Lady Canning’s plantation.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

i always thought what a great idea, when my mate rocked up on his 2015 spec Camber.
    hopefully they’ll deliver onto the Tallboy or hightower.

enigmas
    Free Member

Yikes, NX on a 5.5k build bike. I bought a stumpy evo this year for the same price that had X01 and much better suspension and it’s not like Specialized are known for being good vfm.

chrismac

Another SC bike that is massively expensive and does nothing innovative, just playing catch up with the industry. Im sure they will sell boat loads of them and they will be bike de jour in the Surrey Hills. PON shareholders must be laughing all the way to the bank at how they get away with it

argee

To be fair it’s just a slightly updated version, fitting in the same pricepoint as the V1 i believe, so it’s not really a new release, or model, just an update for this run of frames.

acidchunks

Pricing on SC full builds has always been at the piss taking end of the scale but they’re outdoing themselves here.

2021 x01 spec £6700
    2022 x01 spec £7400
    2023 x01 spec £8400

other than the hole with a flap on the latest model there’s barely any difference between them

chainbreaker
    Free Member

other than the hole with a flap on the latest model there’s barely any difference between them

I get the impression that they added it just to make the V2 stand out from the V1 megatower.

Was hoping to see a high pivot VPP system or such like to bring the megatower closer to rivals like the specialized enduro or the new norco range.

jamesfts
    Free Member

TBF they’ve addressed the main complaint of the slack seat angle and brought it inline with how most people including me run their V1s (170mm fork and longer stroke shock). Everything else worked so didn’t really need to change it… just cut a hole in it and offer up some new hideous colours.

Pricing is on the mental side but standard for SC.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Still much better money than some for a frame only option .. Trek slash at 4k .Yeti .Evil .I think its not far off point . But builds are shocking in price

Done away with the rear flip chip , chainstays accross the range change , bearings for life not just five years like some Ali brand bikes .

mahalo

very nice. coming to a surrey hill very soon!!

rickon
    Free Member

Still much better money than some for a frame only option .. Trek slash at 4k .Yeti .Evil

Nope, it’s still poor value compared to the competition. You can buy an full Orbea Rallon SLX build for £3875.

MegaTower frame only £3,699. Evil Wreckonling frame only £3,285.

Trek have always been poor value for frame onlys, and Yeti is another price bracket up.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.