Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Santa Cruz/Jungle – Hightower 20 Availability
  • Monster101

Nightmare, paid a deposit on Saturday and my local UK dealer has now stated 4 weeks for a medium 2020HT, the B2B system was down. I’m off to Sierra Nevada in Spain on the 7th of September.

Anyone have any contacts at Jungle, the distributor in the UK or SC to see if there was any way it would be sooner?

Really don’t want to shell out cash on the existing bike for it to cope with a week on the mountains.

Help

GolfChick
    Free Member

4 weeks, I’m impressed I thought the delay would be much longer! A friend waited about three months for her roubion. It kept getting delayed so I’d expect longer than four weeks as plenty will be ordering. Me included soon I think. Was that complete build or frame only?

bentudder

I’d just give ’em a call and explain your predicament. I tried to get a Chameleon frame last year, but everywhere had sold out; eventually I called Jungle and they said the stock was zeroed and they only had full builds. They took my name and six weeks later, a day after I’d ordered a Stache frame instead, called up and said someone was looking for a full build in another size that had sold out, so they would be stripping down one my size and could let me have it with BB and headset installed too. I was really sad to have to turn them down – only saving grace was they would most definitely have sold it. The Junglists didn’t need to do what they did and go to all that trouble for some random who called them out of the blue, but they did. So give ’em a call: they’re very nice people.

Gotama
    Free Member

Worth calling Howard at Pedal and Spoke. He has some Hightowers in stock, I think they’re large and XL but worth a call in case there’s a medium.

bigginge

C6 bikes near Cambridge had a medium Hightower in a few days back, so it might be worth checking with them to see if they still have it.

Monster101

Anyone seen any other HT 2020 arriving? My LBS had said due in on 11/9 but now delayed for another 2-4 weeks.

I’m raging…………

Worried my LBS has given mine away to someone who has shouted louder…..

antares
    Free Member

Try Bike Tart that’s where I got my frame from.

twonks

Is it a frame only or full bike you’re waiting for?

If it’s a full bike it could be another component holding it up as sometimes the importers bring them in as individual items. Think it’s something to do with import tariffs on full bikes being higher than components.

I waited nearly 16 weeks for my bike, despite being told initially it would be around 4, so you aren’t doing too bad yet – although mine wasn’t a SC.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

The delays and further delays are not uncommon by any stretch, sadly this has happened a few times with folk I’ve seen especially on new launch models

chakaping
    Free Member

Will they not refund your deposit so you can buy something else?

Or have you got your heart set on one?

notlocal
    Free Member

Loads of 12 year old riding them around Deeside, and Bronsons. Is your dad not in oil and gas? 😲😂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz/Jungle – Hightower 20 Availability’ is closed to new replies.