Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Santa Cruz Heckler
  • astura
    Free Member

About 2 months ago, I sold my five 0 and bought a Santa Cruz Heckler 2006 2005 or 2004????model for £500 quid. It came with Marzocchi zr150 forks, 5th element shock which I changed out for a fox float r (2011 model £17 bargain off ebay) couldn’t get a spring to hold my weight), I chose to change the brakes from hayes nine to stroker trails (30quid brakes), crank race face, wheels mavics can’t remember the model.

I was questioning myself for ages as I felt I may of over paid for the bike. Was this too high or just right?

But now, I absolutely love it, and feel it was worth the money – it still needs a little tlc on the gearing but everything else is brilliant. It’s great for playing on down the freeride park and for XC. I managed to service the forks myself which was a doddle,

daveh
    Free Member

You must be really heavy.

astura
    Free Member

Not that heavy, needed 450lb spring, but hard to find one that fits a 5th element shock

fenboy

i believe i have one.. a 450lb spring that is… for a 2003 5th element heckler don’t have the heckler anymore. will check at home if you’re interested. much better with coils

daveh
    Free Member

Ah I see. I had a dhx on mine, I’m pretty damn heavy but there were loads of heavier rate springs available.

fenboy

mines a manitou one which fit no problem. TF tuned are the people to chat to!

astura
    Free Member

Manitou no good for mine, as my shaft chamber doesn’t have enough thread on it to wind onto a manitou shock, there was loads of play in it. TFT said that I would be just as good going for an air shock

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Heckler’ is closed to new replies.