Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Santa Cruz frame shipping the exception or the norm?
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

Morning guys,

Whats the norm for shipping a new frame, packaging wise?

Mates carbon fibre Scott turned up with a precut protective foam layer around the entire frame.

My Santa Cruz shipped in a plastic bag, with two pieces of cardboard either side, then put in a large box, loosely banging around inside 😆 Thankfully no damage, but considering it spent 5 days travelling from San Francisco to San Diego, coupled with usual courier rage i’m surprised they ship with no bubble wrap, foam etc

MSP

have you seen the video of santa cruz testing a CF frame? Maybe they are a fair bit more confident that one of their frames will survive transit than a scott.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

yeah, it got repackaged for the next stage of the journey with muchos bubble wrap!

ChrisI

My Yeti SB66c came with the frame wrapped in open cell foam, maybe 5mm thick, then in big cardboard box. At either end of the box there was extra cardboard for the headtube and dropouts to fit into and there was a spacer between the dropouts. So maybe a bit more than SC uses, but not by a huge amount. Frame was spotless on arrival, but it hasnt stayed that way 😀

cruzcampo
    Free Member

@MSP yeah seen that video, although this frame is Alu. D

@Chrisl thats the sort of thing i’d have expected 😕 Only thing I can commend them on is the DT Swiss bolt through axle in the back triangle, to prevent any crushing action

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz frame shipping the exception or the norm?’ is closed to new replies.