Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 293 total)
  • Santa Cruz ebike
  • munkyboy
    Free Member

Rumour is that they are about to release one.

Will be interesting to see their take on it. Assume it will be a bronson, 29 upfront with a smaller light battery. Price could be interesting though

sillyoldman

There are pics floating about.

bigginge
    whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

A proper dentist bike then, ideal for the guy with too much money and too little time. They’ll be selling them as an added extra at Audi’s and BMWs dealers pretty soon ;0)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A proper dentist bike then, ideal for the guy with too much money and too little time. They’ll be selling them as an added extra at Audi’s and BMWs dealers pretty soon ;0)

I have no time, no money, drive a 2008 Honda civic and certainly ain’t a dentist, but have a lovely carbon Bronson. Sorry I don’t fit with your inverse snobbery.

They’ll set shit loads of these, cos they’ll be very good, as their bikes usually are.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

boooooooo didn’t think i’d see SC release a ebike – guess that’s the way shitty lazy mtb worlds going

ta11pau1

Base model will probably start at £8000.

How much for the CC build, Sram AXS, reserve wheels etc? £12000? 😀

snotrag

Stif/Jungle have posted some pretty sneaky beaky countdown stuff on their instagram this week… Could be an embargo’d release date coming up?

I’m sure STW towers have an an article pre=prepped and ready to launch about whatever is in that box posted above. Which of course came from Stif/Jumgle…

ETA nothing obvious stirring from Santa Cruz themselves though…

mashr

boooooooo didn’t think i’d see SC release a ebike – guess that’s the way shitty lazy mtb worlds going

Companies like making money… that’s about all there is to it these days (see also Porsche/Ferrari/Lamborghini/etc all making SUVs)

tomhoward

On the plus side, there will be loads of regular ones going cheap on the S/H market, as all the ‘keep it real’ heroes punt them on, not wanting to be associated with ebikes…

chakaping
    Free Member

If we were playing ebike bingo I reckon we’d have a full house of responses already. Where’s mike when you need him though, eh?

How much for the CC build, Sram AXS, reserve wheels etc? £12000?

Paging Tomhoward. Paging Tomhoward.

tomhoward

Nah, I’ve just put a deposit on the new Deviate Highlander. Similar spec to that though 😉 plus, SC don’t really excite me anymore.

Just replaced the motor and battery on the Levo too, so another 2 years to come out of that yet.

timbog160

Oh boy am I looking forward to the PB comments on this one!!😀

honourablegeorge

mashr

Companies like making money… that’s about all there is to it these days

That’s not a recent development.

mashr

Also true

ayjaydoubleyou

Curious to see how that massive motor works with the current low shock suspension layout. When they introduced it across the range I thought that was a statement of intent that there would be no Santa cruzee

Paceman
    Free Member

Just a rumour I reckon, can’t see it happening any time soon.

tomhoward

Curious to see how that massive motor works with the current low shock suspension layout.

Suspect they’ll keep what they are currently using for the 5010, mounted to the top tube.

mashr

Paceman

Subscriber
    Just a rumour I reckon, can’t see it happening any time soon.

It’s a growing segment that’s very closely aligned to their current market position. I’d be amazed if they don’t get on the bandwagon

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Paging Tomhoward. Paging Tomhoward.

lolz first person I thought of too!

scruff
    Free Member

There was a statement when they got bought up by an investor that there would be no ebike, so I’m hoping for a low pivot thing 5010.

antares
    Free Member

There’s a kid on mtbr who claims to have been passed by an SC ebike last week on a trail in Santa Cruz and another saying it’s coming this Thursday

jam-bo

There was a statement when they got bought up by an investor that there would be no ebike, so I’m hoping for a low pivot thing 5010.

maybe the investor has seen the sales figures for ebikes and re-evaluated that decision…

scruff
    Free Member

Who’s going to be dropping the sick E-edit? I reckon Danny Mac rather than the Syndicate, given the wider reach around.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

everyone loves a good reach around

snotrag

another saying it’s coming this Thursday

That matches the ‘countdown’ timers currently on soshul meeja…

jmatlock
    Free Member

Where are we all seeing these pics and countdown timers? What accounts?

tomhoward

Stif/jungle, on an IG story a couple of days ago, nothing there now

ayjaydoubleyou

Keeping my unpowered fingers crossed that its either an updated 5010, or a factory mullet.

roverpig

I’m sure they’ve done their market research, but I have to wonder if they are a bit late to this party. I know the eMTB crowd think they are going to be an ever-expanding part of the scene, but I’m not sure I’d want to bet a bunch of development money on that. Guess that’s why I’m not a bike designer 🙂

antares
    Free Member

null

tomhoward

I dunno, that’s been up 1/2 an hour now, given how keen a lot of these press embargoes can be, I’m skeptical on how genuine that is…

Could be wrong though.

antares
    Free Member

Know what ya saying. If it gets pulled then it’s genuine I suppose

jimdubleyou

That seat post looks about 7 miles high from that angle.

endoverend

That’ll be about 13k for a nice one then…..would look great on a dark grey Audi.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

got chatting to my dentist the other day about bikes, was saying he was on the hunt for a new one, but doesnt have the bandwith to ride the local hills..

chestrockwell

In other Santa Cruz news they have bought both Stif and Jungle and have opened a new shop in Bristol. That’s the reason Stif no longer stock Orange or so a chap in the shop told me. Might be old news, meh.

tomhoward

Might be old news, meh.

Yep, jungle already owned stif though. I heard there was another reason they don’t stock orange anymore, mind.

chestrockwell

Yeah, Jungle was Stif but apparently Santa Cruz bought the lot off the original owner. That’s according to a lad in the shop so happy to be corrected.

Intrigued by the Orange quip as I noticed Blazing Saddles and a few other long time stockists have dropped the brand or been dropped.

dogbone

nd have opened a new shop in Bristol.

Don’t think so. BW are local dealer still.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 293 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz ebike’ is closed to new replies.