Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Santa Cruz Chameleon Q (the old old one, not the new one)
  • daiboy
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m looking to build up an old US made SC Chameleon but it’s got an upside down disc mount a bit like this…

Anybody got experience? Is it a standard mount which will except any old caliper? Also, the sliding dropouts no longer slide since I got a cheap and cheerful powdercoat at a place where they finish Gatso cameras! Will Nitromors shift the excess around the bolts?

Cheers

nickc

Never seen that brake hanger before! Might be worth a quick email to SC and ask them about it, they’re normally pretty good at responding quickly

nitromors might be a bit aggressive I’d have though, could you not sand the paint down a bit maybe?

shaggy

I was going to say my wife had one of those, but you know that! The new colour looks good. The disk mount takes a standard calliper. Some of them aren’t ideal depending on how the hose exits- a banjo fitting is best. I’m not sure what you mean about the dropouts though. Do you mean the axle won’t fit in the frame?

aP
    Free Member

Mine has that mount – it just has an old Hope Mono caliper.
    I didn’t think that those dropouts moved? I just have a Singulator for grubby grunting single-speeding.

vincienup
    Free Member

Older Chameleons didn’t have particularly movable dropouts, it was more that they’re horizontally slotted – on my Mk2 at least, anyway.

Mk 2 has sane IS mount on seatstay too. This must be a Mk1? MK3 has EBB.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Chameleon Q (the old old one, not the new one)’ is closed to new replies.