Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Santa Cruz Butcher and Reverb dropper post question.
  • kennyp
    Free Member

Anyone got a Butcher and has fitted a Reverb to it? If so what length did you go for? From what I can see both would be okay, but not totally sure as I’m notoriously rubbish at all things mechanical.

kennyp
    Free Member

Bumping it back to the top for another attempt.

kennyp
    Free Member

Last attempt.

kendo954
    Free Member

If the longer one fits your frame go with it, the more post in seat tube the better

Ally-G
    Free Member

Hi Kenny – I’ve got a Butcher (large 19 inch) and it fits a longer reverb without any problems at all.

dashed
    Free Member

The longer travel might not be better tho… Measure how much of your normal seat tube you have exposed, deduct about 50mm for the reverb collar bit and that is the max length of travel you should have. Ideally you want fully extended to be the max height you ride at. Depending on frame set up, length of legs etc, a long travel reverb, even if slammed into the frame, may extend too high and is a pain. Yes you can drop it slightly, but it’s fiddly and never a consistent height.

You could go shorter travel than this figure, as you can then leave some of the reverb post exposed out of the frame but, depending on how much you need, it might mean you can’t get the seat as low as you’d like. Make any sense??
    Have a measure of your existing set up, take the reverb collar into account and you should figure out the ideal length…

kennyp
    Free Member

Cheers Ally, that’s what I wanted to hear. My Butcher is more a medium but should still have plenty space by the sounds of it.

And Dashed, ta, I’ll need to go away and do some calculations. I do have a lot of seatpost exposed as it is though. In fact probably more than I should have relative to how much (or how little) is actually left in the seat tube.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Butcher and Reverb dropper post question.’ is closed to new replies.