Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sanderson life or cotic soul
  • rufus748
    Free Member

Currently ridding (amongst others) a trek ex8.
    Looking to return to a hard tail, steel is real etc…
    Looking for opinions on Sanderson life or cotic soul?
    Looking to ideally run 120’s
    Thanks

carlphillips
    Free Member

cotic

bol

Both great frames. The Life is designed for 100mm forks though IIRC.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boxelder

The Sanderson is fine (in fact better) with 120mm forks. If you compare the geoms on both they are very similar. 160mm max rotor on rear for a Life, if that makes any difference. With the same dilemma 4 years ago I went for a Sanderson – no regrets.

bol

I loved my Sanderson. I wish now I’d defied my LBS and stuck a 120 on it then.

Vortexracing

Nothing but praise for my 2 x Souls here.

Back of Conwy Mountain by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1000834 by eastham_david, on Flickr

richcc
    Free Member

Got a Soul with 100mm Rebas. It is sooo good for Singletrack

trailertrash

I have a Life with 120mm Rebas. It’s very good uphill and down. Lots of fun and confidence inspiring. Not too harsh not too flexy. I test rode a Soul a few years ago and was a bit underwhelmed, not really sure why. Maybe I was expecting too much. I didn’t test ride the Life before buying, mostly because I bought it from The Bike Chain, whom I trust, and I did my angles and weight homework before hand of course, but also because it was inexpensive enough to make it not a huge deal.

Photos of Life

smell_it
    Free Member

I have a life with 120mm rebas on it, infact it’s pretty much made up of all the bits that were on my soul before we had an unfortunate moving car interface that killed the soul. Both great bikes, but i’m not really sure I could tell the difference between the two if i rode them blind. I know some folk seem to be ‘inspired’ by the ride of whichever one they decided to buy, but I just fancied a change when my soul was broken. Both great bikes imo, but I couldn’t tell you which one was best really.

Pieface

Love my Soul with 120mm forks. All day xc, then drop the saddle and you feel you can take on most things

rufus748
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies. Seems to be a pretty even split. I have been leaning towards the Soul (love the orange!). A mate has a Life with World Cup SID’s on (80mm?), he loves the bike but suffers with lack of travel. We recently went to Afan and he was in all sorts of pain where as the Trek ate it up. I want a hard tail that will perform XC, trail’s and the likes of Afan. Hoping the Soul will provide all that.

Vortexracing

It will easily cope with any trail centre, and is especially good on rocky Peak/Lakes riding.

Smooth trail centres are a doddle.

smell_it
    Free Member

Think your mate needs to refer to rule 5

rufus748
    Free Member

Maybe, in his defence he’s 55.

trailertrash

One thing you will find is that the Life has better heel clearance than the Soul, as the former has hour-glass shaped seat and chain stays while the latter has straight ones, at least in the photos on the Cotic website. This probably contributes to a marginally more forgiving ride on the Life also.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sanderson life or cotic soul’ is closed to new replies.