Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Sanderson breath sizing
  • mancjon
    Free Member

After much googling it seems a common theme is that the Breath is considered long in the top tube. I quite like a long top tube and am bang on 6ft. Looking to use use mainly for XC, trail centres + bit of commuting possibly.

Looking at Sanderson geometry specs on their website they quote 597mm for 18″ and 607 for 20″. Doesn’t say whether this is effective top tube length or actual. 607 effective would be about spot on for me as 597 would be a bit too cramped.

Does anyone know if 607 is actual or effective ? To be honest, 607 doesn’t seem that long to me eg. the Cotic Soul large is 609 effective and no one seems to say they are particularly long in tt.

Sonor
    Free Member

It would probably be an idea to email them. I emailed them a few times when I was building up my Sanderson and got pretty quick replies.

StirlingCrispin

I’ve just popped into the garage and measured my Life.

For the 18″, 597mm looks to be actual top-tube length. It comes out at about 610mm effective.

I’m 6ft1 and ride an 18″ Life (same geometry as a Breath)and a 20″ Soloist. I’d suggest a 18″ for you too – although you’re not going to die on the 20″. I don’t think the top tube is that long either: it’s the same as any other long t-t bike, and I’d ridden a Gary Fisher Big Sur, Inbred and Airborne Lancaster before the Life.

Enjoy – they are great bikes to ride.

mancjon
    Free Member

@StirlingCrispin

Thanks for measuring that for me. So 610 would be spot on for me. Very much appreciated.

@Sonor

Yeah, i have e-mailed but no reply, perhaps they are just having an off week !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sanderson breath sizing’ is closed to new replies.