Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sandblasting frame near Brighton ?
  • TheSlider
    Free Member

Hi guys anyone used a sandblasting company in Sussex that can do bike frames ?
    I rubbed my frame down and thought it was okay – until I started spraying it and it’s really poor. Needs to be cheap too…..

timbur
    Free Member

Keep Powder Coating in Uckfield have done a couple for me. They blasted and coated for £65/70 IIRC.

belugabob
    Free Member

+1 for Keep Powder Coating.
    They did a great job on my old Raleigh hybrid – it went from grotty silver to lovely sky blue.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    joshvegas
    Free Member

Tie it to a really heavy rock chuck in the sea. A winter’s worth of Brighton beach in the surf should do it?

Joe

It’s incredible that people like @JoshVegas bother replying. Always find it astonishing that they have the time.

Keep powder coating did mine as well. Finish is ok. But wouldn’t expect more for that kind of money?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Well I can’t help directly because unless it’s Glasgow or Edinburgh or the borders I’m in the wrong place but it does bump the thread to stop it dropping off the first page which it may well do before others see it and can be helpful.

To be fair it took about as much time to write as your post admonishing me for the use of my spare time.

But apparently the answer is indeed keep through a number of users first hand experience. Sorry slider if my irreverent reply upset your day. If you do get it powder coated make sure you stick something in all the threads that you want use after. Or get an M5 tap to chase them again after.

The other option is .bike paints, really forgiving and if cheap cheap is your thing it will get the job done and look reasonably good atleast from a casual glance.

TheSlider
    Free Member

Cheers guys, really appreciate it. Uckfield will be getting a ring tomorrow.

No worries Josh, I sometimes put in a response that is funny to me at the time but probably not really helpful. Depends on your mood doesn’t it ?

Singletrack has been playing up for me a little while, so much so that I thought it had gone down. SO pleased it hasn’t ! It’s so useful.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS ALL (even josh 🙂 )

retromart

Try Nigel at South Coast Blast Cleaning and Powdercoating

Transit Road, Newhaven, East Sussex, BN9 0BB. 01273 515513

Works alone, so won’t always get immediate answer, reasonable prices, but great care in finishing, blasted and powder coated a few frames for me, and he’s done high end work for local bike companies in the past.

timbur
    Free Member

Thought Nigel had shut up shop.
    He’s good if you want a black powder coat, or black, or black, etc :o)

retromart

Ah, thats a shame, havent been there for a few years. Yes, he was fond of black, but did other colours for me, but had to order it in, so cost more. Uckfield the current best choice then!

birdage

Yes Nigel did a really nice satin black. Or was it matt black?

TheSlider
    Free Member

Going to Uckfield tomorrow with the frame but now looking at the forks they do look a little tired. Anyone get their forks done there ? Do you need to dismantle them ? If so, it’s a no from me…

slimjim78
    Free Member

Jon will sort you out. Reasonable pricing too

http://www.chickensframeemporium.co.uk/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sandblasting frame near Brighton ?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts