Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • samsung galaxy s7 edge – knackered?
  • Premier Icon Pook

I’ve got a blinking white LED but nothing on screen. No attempt at soft, hard or any other reboot seems to be fixing it and at the minute I think I have a brick.

My 7 year old was pratting about on it when i nipped upstairs for five minutes and may have run an update on an app. I don’t know.

Any clues?

Premier Icon Cougar

I believe the usual course of action is to send to bed without any pudding.

Hard reboot – power and volume down for 10+ seconds, yes?

Premier Icon Pook

yup. nothing.

Power + home + vol up = nothing

No change when plugged in or anything

Premier Icon cp

My 7 year old was pratting about on it when i nipped upstairs for five minutes and may have run an update on an app. I don’t know.

Suspect more likely it took a tumble if the seven isn’t coming up with anything. Maybe try leaving it on what you think is turned on for a couple of days until it runs out of battery and try turning on again. If it doesn’t turn on then plug into charger, wait a while (my s7 needed a few % battery before it would turn on from fully depleted) then try turning on.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My wife has one, my own died a couple of months back. I believe they are no longer supported update-wise, so maybe an app update has been started?

Time for a new one I keep telling the wife, but she’s a stubborn wee bugger!

Premier Icon andy4d

Odd. My s6 had the blue light and pulsing ‘Samsung’ today when I took it out my pocket after my ride this afternoon. Thankfully power/down/home worked for me.

Premier Icon Pook

Ok, still letting it run flat. The LED isn’t blinking anymore so I’ll try it later.

next question: what phone next?

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I can only say what I replaced mine with (mrs will be getting the same) – Motorola G8plus, as it’s only 240 quid at Argos, I’m done with expensive contracts these days. Good camera, really pleased with it.

tenner a month sim only with Virgin.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.