Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Samoens off the bike
  • djglover
    Free Member

Hi

Thinking of heading down to Samoens for the last two weeks of August.

Has anyone been, its a family holiday, so I’m particularly interested in what there is to do for kids about 7 or 8 non cycle related. I know there is a lake and we would spend a day in Chamonix, just wondering if a couple of weeks there could be overkill and if so I might head off after a week

Ta

thepublican
    Free Member

There’s a great pool (near the river campsite). Was heaving with kids when I was there last year.

Saw a lot of horseriding too.

onewheelgood

High ropes courses in Samoens and Morillon, rafting, pool, Lac Bleu in Morillon, hiking trails… There’s quite a lot to do, particularly if they’re reasonably outdoorsy.

nolan
    Free Member

We had two weeks there last year with kids a bit older (11 and 9). Swimming pool is great but the novelty did wear off in the second week. There are some other activities around the lake (can’t swim in it), horse riding, jumping onto airbags etc. The go ape style course at the far end of the lake was also good fun and even had some low level lines for really small kids. We also went rafting but not sure if there is an age restriction. We went following a day of rain which meant for a higher water level but later on the rafts were getting stuck on the low river. Also worth a day trip to nearby Morillon (we walked along the river) as they have a lake you can swim in and another high ropes course. Botanical gardens are free and worth an hour.

ads678

Lovely place, some good walks in the area as well as the biking. As has been said above the outdoor swimming pool is nice and the indiana parc (if it’s still called that). Small lake in Morillon that you can swim in, but it’s bloody cold as it’s bottom fed from the mountains. Nice walks in Sixt as well.

Chamonix near by as well as Annecy, Evian or Geneva (drive the back way in via Taninges/Annemasse so you don’t have to pay the swiss tolls) for a nice day out.

sing1etrack

We’re going at the start of August for a fortnight with a six year old and an eighteen month old. We’re basing ourselves in Samoens but plan to have days out to Morzine, Avoriaz (for Aquariaz), Lac de Montriond/goats at Les Lindarets, Thonon les Bains (all within an hours drive), along with some of the stuff outlined above in and around Samoens/Morillon, aswell as just doing simple stuff with the kids – up and down in the cable car, picnics, playgrounds, a bit of walking, exploring etc. It remains to be seen how it works out with two small kids for a fortnight, but hopefully it’ll be a good holiday!

djglover
    Free Member

Thanks everyone!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Samoens off the bike’ is closed to new replies.