• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Same-sex marriage in the US
  • Cougar

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/08/politics/holder-same-sex-marriage-rights/index.html

The U.S. government will recognize same-sex marriages as equal to traditional marriages in all federal matters, including in U.S. courts, bankruptcies, prison visits and survivor benefits, Attorney General Eric Holder announced Saturday.

Good work, America, good work.

zippykona

No doubt just to piss the ruskis off.

konabunny
    Free Member

I heard that allowing gays to get married will cause the collapse of the institution of marriage and the propagation of homosexuality. Does this mean that if I go to the US with my wife I will turn gay? Pls respond ASAP.

No doubt just to piss the ruskis off.

According to this it is.

Statistically you are far more likely to be the victim of an anti-LGBT Hate Crime in the United States than in Russia.
    In Russia you cannot be fired from your job for being an LGBT individual, in the United States you can.
    Since 1993 gay sex was made legal in Russia, in 12 US States gay sex is a crime.

anagallis_arvensis

Wont Dads just start marrying their sons. Jeremy told me.
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx_VXceIeMM[/video]

konabunny
    Free Member

Statistically you are far more likely to be the victim of an anti-LGBT Hate Crime in the United States than in Russia.

Crime statistics are tricky anyway and in Russia they are hopelessly inadequate even around general crime, let alone politically-sensitive crime.

Apparently no crime is recorded in Iran as hate crimes against gay people because you’d expect that because they don’t have any…

Good point konabunny, after all, recent high profile cases have shown that some crimes were under reported in this country a few decades ago and are only now being taken seriously, so it’s easy to believe the same is still happening elsewhere.
    The other two points I quoted, and the rest of the article in general, still show the USA as not being the best placed country to criticise Russia.

wukfit
    Free Member

Hate to think what this will do to the weather

DickBarton

Konabunny, post pics of your wife so we can decide if it is worth your time visiting the US…

stuey
    Free Member

wukfit -lol

project
    Free Member

Some ukip members must be beating themself into a frenzy at the thought of equal rights for gays after the news from america comes out.

konabunny
    Free Member

Konabunny, post pics of your wife so we can decide if it is worth your time visiting the US…

I don’t know if he will let me…

Cougar

12 US States gay sex is a crime.

But the new legislation trumps that. So if say you get married in a state where it’s legal and move to one where it isn’t, you can still, for example, get divorced.

DickBarton

I don’t know if he will let me…

Tough call on that one then…suggests you are much better not going and yet seeking permission suggests you would be better elsewhere…

duckman

Is the legislation for recognising gay marrige not only come in as a condition of the legalisation of pot,in accordance with the Bible?

Levicticus; “Let the man who lies with another man be stoned.”

Boomtish!

D0NK

But the new legislation trumps that. So if say you get married in a state where it’s legal and move to one where it isn’t, you can still, for example, get divorced.

So you can be legally recognised as married wherever you are in the states but you still aren’t allowed conjugal activities in some of them?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Same-sex marriage in the US’ is closed to new replies.