Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Salt!
  • Clover

Big hooha about too much salt in bread today made me realise that I used to eat very little salt but since starting regular riding have started to crave it on my dinner.

Is the 6g a day maximum recommendation only for people who don’t get sweaty?

midlifecrashes

Don’t worry about it. You need salt and it’s good for you.

Northwind

I make my own bread and it’s got tons of salt in, because it’s so delicious. Life is too short for unsalted bread.

Mmmmmm salt.

Esme
    Free Member

I vaguely remember hearing that your ability to taste salt is affected by your need for it (ie. a feedback mechanism). So if you’ve lost a lot through sweat, then you can’t really taste “normal” levels in your food, and need to add more.

chakaping
    Free Member

Very interesting.

It’d be good if I could justify my salty snack habit in some scientific way.

wallop

I crave salt a lot. I haven’t really looked into why this is.

nickf
    Free Member

I crave salt a lot. I haven’t really looked into why this is.

‘Cos Angelina’s really, really hot?

skiboy
    Free Member

i was taking to little salt a few years back, swaeting buckets out both daily on the work ride and weekends up da hills,Dr said i needed more salt as i was not using the right fluids on bike and my misses had listened to the daily mail readers and had almost removed it from our diet completely,

love giving it some salt when dining with friends as they always say’oh salt is bad for you it will kill you etc’ but i point out if like me they did some excercise then they could eat as much salt as they wanted..almost..yum yum yum,,,,,

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yum – Salt – mmmmmm

kevin1911

Must say I’m curious about this. Keep wondering whether those High5 Zero tabs I put in my drink are actually killing me slowly.

dazzlingboy

I’m from norn iron. Everything gets salt. Don’t even bother tasting it first – just pile on the salt. And everyone I meet from norn iron does the same – in the genes.

Clover

Have also wondered about electrolyte drinks (whilst dunking broccoli in the salt cellar). I’m now officially ignoring official advice for couch potatoes until further notice.

(I’ll be blaming skiboy’s doctor if I end up in the cardio ward though).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Salt!’ is closed to new replies.