Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Salsa Wanderlust racks…anyone tried them yet?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for a good rear rack for the Fargo. Salsa make an alloy rack specifically for it and the Vaya, the Wanderlust.

Has anyone tried one?

Fitting a Tubus rack looks tricky because of the location of the seat stay mountings, perhaps using the combined seat post and rack mount clamp may improve/reduce the stay length and angle to reduce flex.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Have you tried these? Rack

Teetosugars
    Free Member

No, not tried, but am very interested…

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’m looking at the version for the el mariachi. looks solid enough.

This is another option:

Old Man Mountain

Unsure of the pricing, they both seem a little steep, I get away nicely with a minimalist rack on the front and a topeak qr one on the rear.

Basil

No problems fitting a Tubus Fly on my Fargo. Very solid, no movement with two 20lt Ortliebs plus bag on top.
    Only looking for a seatpost system due to tyre width restriction and that feeling with panniers of when the back wheel drops into holes when off road

charliedontsurf

Get the alternator specific one for your salsa… They are very nice.

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/salsa-alternator-rear-rack-standard-3511-p.asp

johnnystorm

I fitted the standard 29er rack made by Topeak to mine. Went on with no hassles and hasn’t fallen off yet. £30 or so on CRC/Bike discount.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

charlie the bikemonger – Member
    Get the alternator specific one for your salsa… They are very nice.

Yup, they are lovely… but £90?? 😯

Hmmm, time to think I guess.

stevemakin

Stainless Tubus on my Fargo and Vaya, no issues fitting them at all, and yes they are expensive but they will be carrying quite a few pounds of weight and expensive gear) so it seemed daft to me to go cheap

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Stainless Tubus on my Fargo and Vaya

Be interested to see these Steve..

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Hasn’t one of the bigger companies bought out the Freeloader and re-branded it?

I’ve got an OMM Sherpa as I had a Thorn Raven for a while which has mounts designed specifiaclly for it. I don’t use the hub-mount system nowm, I made myself some new plates to allow me to get it as neat as possible. Very happy with it. I’ll see if I’ve got a pic somewhere…

stevemakin

it was in the boot at weekend……

Teetosugars
    Free Member

it was in the boot at weekend……

D’oh.. 🙁

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Found the pic:

Image0149 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Wanderlust racks…anyone tried them yet?’ is closed to new replies.