Salsa Vayaists, show me how you fitted your mudguard stays around BB7s

Home Forum Bike Forum Salsa Vayaists, show me how you fitted your mudguard stays around BB7s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Salsa Vayaists, show me how you fitted your mudguard stays around BB7s
  • mcmoonter

I started building up my Vaya this afternoon.

I’m trying to reuse the SKS mudguards I had on another frame. I have about an inch of stay to create a bend to accommodate the front BB7 caliper. Any pictures would be helpful too.

Cheers MC

I forgot to add, I’m using a Tubus Tara rack too.

I found this solution on mtbr. Is there any reason it wont work? I could attatch the stays to the spare holes on the top rack mount.

Premier Icon sheck

I used the low rider mounts like you found on mtbr… Seems fine after a couple of months

I just popped up to the shed to check, it looks as though the mounting bracket will foul the pannier hook.

I should be able to bend the stay around the caliper, but I suspect the stay will not be long enough.

Does anyone have a spare set of front uncut mudguard stays?

EDIT – I managed to find them online for a couple of quid each, so I have four goes at getting it right. 😀

Premier Icon oxym0r0n

Use some of these on my day 1 disc – work really well:

North Shore Billet fender mounts

No pics but I bent the lower part of the SKS stay (uncut, I had a spare) below the caliper and back up to the guard. It fitted fine. I’m liking that lowrider mounts idea though!

EDIT: actually it’s the upper part of the stay. Found a pic but it’s not online. Happy to email it to you though.

Can you attach it (NDS) to the upper disk calliper mount?

I fitted the caliper with a stainless stud (cut off bolt) and nut, leaving enough stud to mount the mudgaurd. Also needed to cut and bend the mudgaurd mount (including a dog leg).

If I can work out how to add a photo, I will!

Premier Icon scotroutes

It’s not a Vaya but…

… the DC17 forks on my Amazon has fender mounts on the inside at exactly that point. Works a treat.

2010-04-13 23-45-11 by ScotRoutes, on Flickr

BB5 not BB7, but I think the mounting is the same.

Premier Icon Teetosugars

I’ll throw some pics up when I’m home tomorrow..

Would something like this work

It does on my pro 6 and I’m fairly certain you could find something in a DIY shed that would serve the purpose

I use mine on the forks of a pompetamine.

Premier Icon somafunk

Not a salsa vaya but i also had a similar prob fitting the SKS mudguards to my Kinesis trimester, a few careful bends with the aid of a vice, a round bar and a hammer managed to get the stays to clear the brake calliper.

I did what druid did.

Before he did it obviously.

On my Norco Indie Drop (similar fork) I had the same issue, just mounted them to the inboard mid-fork eyelets, never had a problem. Also leaves the outer eyelets free to mount the Tara rack.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Vayaists, show me how you fitted your mudguard stays around BB7s’ is closed to new replies.