Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Salsa Fargo; Build and first ride…
  • Rorschach
    Free Member

Tbf he sounds come across as a right arsehat though 😐

cupra
    Free Member

Spooky I’m just finishing a build, still pondering whether to run it with a single or triple chain ring. Might start with the single and see what happens. 2013 frames due in at the end of october. I had real trouble sourcing a frame and forks but eventually ebay turned up a brand new one that had been part built but never ridden.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Nice bike and film

Is that a flask of tea on the fork leg?

Wookster

Nice vid mate, lovely bike. What’s the advantage over a CX bike though? ( not being a tool here by the way) I live my CX for everything from a blast to a spin. If it just because then great stuff all bikes are good!!

coastkid
    Free Member

Prob main advantage is strenght of wheels and luggage rack mounts at a price of weight and speed to a CX bike 🙂

It was a flask of coffee on the fork 🙂

PaulGillespie – Member
    Great vid coast kid, loved the singletrack section at the start. looked well fast

Hi Paul, hope your well mate 🙂
    Trail at start is section of the John Muir way, 1/4 mile from home,
    Full lenght of section here; starts slow then gets quicker, is ace at night 🙂
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52GQ-7vxhkw&list=UUSv198UD3Wy-dBsg3K40IvQ&index=4&feature=plcp[/video]

OCB
    Free Member

I’m very tempted, but between my Gryphon and my Peregrine, my exploration / adventure bikes are pretty much sorted …

Yours looks very much at home there.

(As a kinda aside maybe, but what do you shoot with / on? I still use my miniDV camera as I can run external feeds or external cameras into it, (like a bullet cam, or old analogue 8mm etc to give me options), but I could really do with something smaller, that’s non-linear, and with better battery life).

Mike-E

Nice bike. Nice riding. Nice.

coastkid
    Free Member

OCD; filmed with a Go Pro, bubble lense cover is scratched hense the funny light glows so i need to get a replacement!…

Only let down of the 180 degree fish eye lense is distant views are er.. distant!

New Go Pro 2 with 120 degree lense setting should be better 🙂

I just use a gorrila pod, chest cam mount, or mono pod to mount the camera

cupra
    Free Member

Well mine is now set up as a triple with midge bars and bar end shifters, it all came together first time, a rare occurence for me. Just the brakes to sort and ready to roll 🙂

Bernaard
    Free Member

Nice vid
    Must dig out my Zero 7 cd’s too 8)

OCB
    Free Member

Cool, thanks.
    Scratched lens cover = arty shots, surely. 😉

The GoPro2 was looking pretty firm as the most likely candidate for my replacement camera [anyway], but it’s very useful to see how they are actually being used in the real world – I’m particularly impressed with the exposure / colour balance I must say, it’s caught some lovely light…

Sam

First they steal my design, then my colour…

geoffj

Sam – Member

First they steal my design, then my colour…

Ouch!

paul4stones

Ah well, if the Gryphon was first then it must be first choice. Good. Glad that’s sorted in my mind.

Just need to find the money now.

charliemort

I’m with you Paul!

cupra
    Free Member

The gryphon was my first choice but there weren’t any left so a fargo it was.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Great vid Bruce, you are in the wrong vocation!

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Fargo; Build and first ride…’ is closed to new replies.