Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Salsa El Mariachi Rigid – anyone got one?
  • tomd
    Free Member

What are your thoughts on it? I’m considering one as a do it all kind of bike for general riding, bikepacking and longer days out. I want to set it up rigid, but I like the fact I could later add a fork or convert to SS.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I have, If you have a search on here loads also do.

I prefer it with a sus fork for general riding. It currently has gears but I’ve played with loads of combinations, very versatile bike.

The only complaints I have are the low front end and lack of rack mounts.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Its stiffer than a swift, other than that I’ve not much bad to say about it.

gee
    Free Member

I had one – excellent bike and loved the swinging dropouts. Very solid and very neat.

GB

khani
    Free Member

And another here, rides nice, dropouts work well, nicely finished..

tomd
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Also looked back on other threads, seems generally positive.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Fantastic bike.
    Mine gets used SS or geared and running either rigid or suspension fork or and combination of them.

It’s currently set up with a rigid Niner fork and running 1×10 but can be switched back to SS in next to no time.

AlasdairMc

I’ve got mine rigid SS at the moment, and was previously rigid geared. I’ve got a geared one on order at the moment as I wanted a suspension fork and to also have an SS, and this worked out cheaper than buying the SS only one.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Another happy el mar owner here. I want to try a rigid fork on it.

crispy
    Free Member

I built a second-hand El Mar frame and rigid fork which I got off the classifieds here for my Dad – absolutely beautiful! Wish I didn’t have to give it away!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Why do you have to get rid Crispy??

crispy
    Free Member

I built it for my Dad! Lovely thing, and he’s very pleased with it. I’ll see if I can find any pictures of the final build.

ratherbeintobago

FWIW I’m told the SS model doesn’t have cable stops, if you were thinking of buying that & converting to gears.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Salsa El Mariachi Rigid – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.