• This topic has 56 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by gee.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Salsa Beargrease carbon fattie ready for winter!!
  • scotroutes

The Specialized 2.5-3.0 tubes have been on my 907 for two years now. I’ve had one puncture (and my bike rarely sees snow or sand). I’m 11.5-12 stone.

vorlich
    Free Member

Cheers. I’m 15+st and was thinking more specifically about a couple of rock gardens I like to rattle through on my usual trails, especially when stretched beyond their intended spec.

rickmeister

Great looking bike, I bet it rides at least as good as it looks.. have a successful race..

monkeychild
    Free Member

That has genuinely made me jealous. Looks ace and I bet it rides a treat. Enjoy it!

vorlich
    Free Member

Missed your post there Colin, cheers. I suspect mine will mostly be a trail bike too 🙂

gee
    Free Member

First ride report… I set the tyres to about 15psi and went for a ride…

That bike is remarkable. I’ve never ridden a fatbike before and so it took a little getting used to. I’m quite used to riding rigid but that thing is something else entirely. You have to totally readjust how you attack trails and just forget about any sort of line choice. The tyres have so much momentum that you just point it at things and pedal. Riding through the fairly sloppy bits in Swinley you just keep pedalling and it plows on through. Roots? No problem, even soaking wet off camber ones. The tyres just float over everything.

The frame is really stiff – when you stand up and give it the beans there is no flex at all – you can feel you are just going forwards rather than flexing about.

Only downside? Cleaning it took ages as everything is so large.

Just need some new brake pads now! Oh, and some snow.

GB

clubber
    Free Member

when you stand up and give it the beans there is no flex at all – you can feel you are just going forwards rather than flexing about.

Even with the massive, soft tyres?

singlespeedstu

Try dropping the tyre pressure a bit more. 😀

gee
    Free Member

Not really – the rims are so wide the tyres don’t really bounce around all that much. Round berms there is no tyre roll at all. The tyres are only slightly wider than the rims.

gee
    Free Member

I need to get an accurate gauge Stu – I think the rear was softer than the front.

singlespeedstu

You’ll soon get a feel for it without a gauge.
    I always run softer on the front.
    About 10-12 in the rear and 6-8 in the front.

What BB comes fitted?
    I’ve been thinking about one of these but the pressfit BB is putting me off a bit.

Keef
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member

What BB comes fitted?
    I’ve been thinking about one of these but the pressfit BB is putting me off a bit.

all the better for SS’ing it with one of the adapter thingies .shirley ?

gee
    Free Member

It comes with a SRAM BB – it’s a normal 100mm fat bike axle but the BB spec is 121mm pressfit.

GB

singlespeedstu

the BB spec is 121mm pressfit

That’s the bit that’s putting me off a bit.
    WTF do you get a 121 pressfit BB to fit a none GXP crank like my Raceface Turbine…

gee
    Free Member

I imagine you could run a normal pressfit BB just without the centre tube?

Mole
    Free Member

Bike looks mint gee.What size is it?

gee
    Free Member

That’s a large – 19″. My other Salsas are the older medium – 18″ – and this fits great.

GB

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Beargrease carbon fattie ready for winter!!’ is closed to new replies.