Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Salisbury area STW ride Sunday 20th June
  • MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I can't make it now. Father in-law has just had a major op so we're both going to see him this weekend.
    Have a good ride all.

Anna-B
    Free Member

I'll be there, birthday ride for me also! Looking forward to it, and meeting some more STWers.

Rich – do you need to issue a nettle warning for monarch's way…..?! I will be taking my stinger armour 😯

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I'm a maybe, but probably not. I think i'm in Andover at my mums, so local'ish, but don't know when or what i'll be doing. I'll let you know later in the week.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

70% likely to come.

RichPenny
    Free Member

There might be nettles 😯

Consider that a warning 😆

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It's nettles round here to. So what!? 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

Apparently they are bad things, rather than life affirming 😉

Anna-B
    Free Member

Don't forget, oh furry legged ones, that you have a layer of protection against them. Yes yes, I know I could too. Maybe I won't shave my legs for the whole of summer.

cinnamon_girl

Full body cover – you know it makes sense!

genghispod
    Free Member

RichPenny, I may be there; sounds good.

Anna – maybe I'll show you my "Dancing through the stingers" trick. May shave legs first if feeling masochistic. PS that's first as in the day before rather than halfway through the ride. Obviously.

Anna-B
    Free Member

genghispod how intriguing! I think you should consider shaving one leg only, then you can do a kind of A/B comparison.

RichPenny
    Free Member

There is a small roll in to one of the descents that runs across a 5m strip of nettles, and I can't remember what's underneath them. Giving it a crack tomorrow morning, at least if I **** it up I'll be clearing the path 🙂

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Should be able to make it now. We're coming home on Saturday night. 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

Cool, weather looks good 8)

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I am deff coming, not going to do the whole train thing as I think I will be better off coming straight back and do the whole fathers day bit!

See you all at 9:30, oh and I have only got a SS so these hills better not be too bad 🙄

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hi Rich. Can you clarify if this is the correct parking?

Zed
    Free Member

Hi, you cant drive through that way,
    the entrance to the car park is just under the M of minster street

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ok thanks for that. See you there.

TreeWhatTree….
    Free Member

How did I miss this….. group MTB ride in Salisbury, with cake.

If I hadn't arranged to spend Farthers day with my dad…….

Note: must get fit and suggest arranging another one 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

We need to get the STW hamsters to implement a forum ride calendar page

TreeWhatTree….
    Free Member

Buzzlightyear +1

RichPenny
    Free Member

That's the correct place Buzz, although as stated you have to enter the car park from the A30. I'll be circling the car park from 9.30.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Did the route today, and have been at work on the nettles on a couple of paths with my telescopic camelbak portable strimmer* to make the day even more lovely for everyone 🙂

*it may have been the council, earlier in the week

cinnamon_girl

Have a great time everyone and am sorry I can't join you.

Polite request: if you see any 'stiff' mammals on the route, please send me the grid reference. 😉

Anna-B
    Free Member

CG a small dead deer that you have to lift your bike over is on tomorrow's route. You wouldn't like it though, it's a bit smelly. Disturbingly though, it made me think of you! Sorry you can't join us.

cinnamon_girl

Anna – if it has antlers, could you prize them off please? That's why you thought of me. 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Thank you for a lovely sunny day out riding Rich and Anna. Hope someone puts some pictures up.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Cheers mate, was a good day out. Steve took a few pics I think. Good news is that the bbb is the weekend after your Mendip ride 🙂

Edit: and sorry to XC-PK who turned up about 30 minutes after we left! Another time dude 🙂

Anna-B
    Free Member

Credit to Rich – all his organising. Thanks all for a really lovely day (and chips and drinks 🙂 ) nice to meet a couple of new folk. Zed hope you get better soon and yes, xcpk, sorry we missed you!

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Enjoyed losing my Virginity of a STW forum ride!

Had a great day, good trails, great people and fun times.

Looking forward to Buzz's mendip ride in August now….

XC_PK
    Free Member

Due to a 'minor' *ahem* navigational issue I turned off the A360 a little early and ended up somewhere completely different!! I was going to ask for directions but I couldn't remember the name for the place we were meeting place!! Who can I follow to the next meet?… Hope you all had a good day anyway.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Cheers Rich for organising a great day. Perfect conditions and weather along with wonderful people.
    I took a few photos and will get them sorted tonight. Unfortunately I didin't take very many.
    XC_PK, I was going to see if you wanted to follow me from Andover but things came up and it slipped my mind. Sorry you couldn't get there in time. We'll have to do another one in the area soon.

Olderthandirt
    Free Member

Yep, was a lovely day out. Good trails, good pubs and nice people. What more could you ask for? Thanks guys and gals.

XC_PK
    Free Member

MM – Cheers. I'll give you a shout when the next ride date comes up. I did find the car park eventually and even saw your car (assuming you had the Civic you picked me up in last time) but you had all gone. STW ride leaves on schedule!? Nice job Rich 😉

Zed
    Free Member

Hey, sorry I didnt make it, had a slight stomach bug since thurday that turned 'explosive' on sunday morning 🙁
    Will deffo be there next time though

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

'explosive' too much information Zed.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

More photos

Plus a few more here

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Good pictures guys!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You photographed [ahem] my bald spot! Nice pics thanks.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

New shoes Steve?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Salisbury area STW ride Sunday 20th June’ is closed to new replies.