Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Sales representation/image
  • Kryton57

I’m being told my ’52 plate 330 isn’t the “success” image our customers need. So I

a) nees to remove the Thule racks
    B) need to consider a new car after mighty mule has bought mine.

So what “I’m a successful salesperson” / stw / bike appropriate car do I need on lease ? It’s going to be and A4 avant isn’t it…… ?

Kryton57

Ps.

* is drunk*

tomhoward

New 330?

Kryton57

Ah! 😀

teasel
    Free Member

That new Citroen with the kitchen curtain for a roof.

It’ll suit you down to the ground…

tarquin
    Free Member

Cheeky!

Do they give you a car allowance?

Just get a new shape BMW or take the roof racks off yours, have it detailed and get a private plate…..

bedmaker

Surely a Range Rover Sport in Blinding White is the only car worth driving if you’re even moderately successful?

djglover
    Free Member

What would Mastiles-fanylion have done?

Audi A6?

trail_rat
    Free Member

know anyone with a dacia sandero ?

borrow that for a week 😉 – 330 will soon be acceptable !

batfink
    Free Member

I’m being told my ’52 plate 330 isn’t the “success” image our customers need

Do people really still think like this?

Kryton57

Someone showed me a picture if a four series he talking to BMW about. Holy cow…

trail_rat
    Free Member

see .. to me that , if your a sales man tells me – well im paying too much for his product 😉

Pook

yep – the big money sales companies (i.e. the pharmas) cracked down on this for just that reason – doctors started saying “that car suggests I’m paying too much”.

This was 4 years ago. Your boss is just behind the times.

phil56

Your boss is just behind the times.

and by a lot more than four years. Are you selling Spectrum ZX80’s? Because that’s were your firms understanding of success/brand image is at.

Kryton57

Lol. Lets remember this was tongue in cheek over a few pints.

But – would the opposite also be true – does a shabbily dressed salesman represent non-success? And therefore in reality a good sales man should be aiming an appropriate image at his clientele according to industry? Ie a bike rep im s 3 piece suit would look out of place right?

trail_rat
    Free Member

yes presentation is everything but a clean tidy older 330i can be just as presentable as a brand new car – and even more so than a tatty dirty new car…….

hammerite
    Free Member

I would say a new-ish car which isn’t necessarily flash is the best option for conveying success (i.e. we’re doing well enough to afford a new car) and moderation (it’s a reasonably affordable new car).

I had a Hyundai i40 estate as a hire car, if I was getting a new car for work that’s what I’d seriously be considering.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Relying on the car for a sales pitch is the start of a bad meeting…

So long as it’s clean, modern and all the panels the same colour then it’s fine.

Anything to high end says “screwing you over” or “stuck in the 90’s – LOOK AT MY EXPENSIVE PEN”

binners

What would Gareth drive….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fvSsucpz2M[/video]

hammerite
    Free Member

I can’t say that any of my customers have even bothered to notice me or the car turning up in their car park.

tonyg2003

It really depends if you company pays you car allowance. If not they can take a jump…..

toppers3933
    Free Member

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Looking for something else to spend your money on, Sta… err, Kryton?
    Won’t your company give you a car if they don’t like your old one?

xiphon
    Free Member

I do occasional site visits in our TT…

binners

Are you selling haircare products? 😉

IHN

My other half used to turn up for (and win) sales pitches at very prestigious blue-chip organisations for multi, multi-million pound contracts, in an utter shit-box of a Rover 216. A particular highlight was the time the central locking wouldn’t work and she had to get back in it via the boot 🙂

Your boss sounds like a knob. I’m pretty sure that the order of give-t-tossedness in most customer’s minds is:

1) The company
    2) The product
    3) The salesman
    456) The salesman’s car

joolsburger
    Free Member

If you have to convey clients about in your car then fair enough especially if they are paying an allowance otherwise what difference does it make? I drive my old battered up Honda (with roof bars) to meetings and it’s yet to be an issue.

Kryton57

Wakey wakey everyone. This was a tongue in cheek pub conversation with a sales team, not an instruction from my boss

footflaps

We had a Pension advisor come to talk to us. He turned up in a new 7 series BMW. We all thought ‘way too much commission’ and he didn’t get any business from us. An old BMW with rood bars would have improved his image no end.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member
    Wakey wakey everyone. This was a tongue in cheek pub conversation with a sales team, not an instruction from my boss

Fair enough fit a breathalyzer to the posts…

Kryton57 – Member
    Ps.

* is drunk*
    http://www.encyclo.co.uk/define/Edinburgh%20Defense
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Defense – somebody got to the Wiki!!

d45yth
    Free Member

I’m being told my ’52 plate 330 isn’t the “success” image our customers need.

Haha, some of the richest people I know drive about in old cars (at least their daily runabouts).

trail_rat – Member

see .. to me that , if your a sales man tells me – well im paying too much for his product
    +1

Sales is a funny old game…one of my old mates does well at it, is a flashy *^^%$ and is obsessed about what he has being better than other folks’. I don’t bother going to see him anymore as his mates are the same as him too…they all talk shite for hours! I’ve found that’s why they all get on, as they don’t even listen to what each other are saying! 😀

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Sales representation/image’ is closed to new replies.