Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Salads – a revalation
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve always hated salads. Either boring and dull, full of unpleasant raw veg, or worst of all covered in disgusting dressing. I just can’t stand the stuff. I understand that others do, but to me they are either creamy mayonnaisey (ugh) or just taste of vinegar. Now I like vinegar on chips but I hate balsamic vinegar on salads.

Anyway, that aside, I have discovered an amazing solution – hot sauce as salad dressing! It’s delicious!

theotherjonv

salad leaves, prawns or chicken (you choose), tiny splash of sesame oil, and then a good dousing with either Maggi’s or soy sauce.

weeksy

It may improve things slightly…

but’s it’s no cheeseburger that’s for sure.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m trying to work out if you were going for revaluation or revelation.

binners

I’ve found an even better solution. Simply add onions, mayonnaise, cheese, then top with a burger, in fact… make it two, then place on a sesame seed bun. Voila…..

sazter

Chicken salad, sweet chilli sauce & a handful of crushed tortilla chips… 🙂

wonderchump
    Free Member

Wigan salad – Meat & potato pie, steak pie, cheese and onion pie and rag pudding. Salad dressing is HP or Tommy K to suit your taste… I’ve even seen salad sandwiches – Yes, pie butties.

binners

If you’re still wanting to keep the hot sauce element, then simply combine your salad with several pints, then add sliced Turkish spiced lamb cooked on a vertical rotisserie, and place within a pitta bread….

Accompany with a side order of cheesy chips

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I have never had cheesy chips 🙁

binners

Given that its the combination of the two greatest food products known to man, thats a glaring oversight on your behalf sir

However…. its easily rectified 😀

z1ppy

I’ve taken to adding hot sauce to mayo.. s’not bad.

mogrim

I have never had cheesy chips

Local American-style restaurant has cheesy bacon chips, another culinary delight you haven’t had.

Lifer
    Free Member

Cheesy chilli chips with sour cream and guacamole please!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Buy an Ottolenghi cookbook, salads will never be the same again

binners

Does it recommend steering well clear of them, and just eating cheesy bacon chips instead? 😀

mogrim – they look brilliant!!!! Theres nothing that can’t be improved by the addition of bacon

jambalaya
    Free Member

Another favourite from Delia – red onion, fresh coriander, lime juice – simple and delicious

honeybadgerx

wonderchump – Member
    rag pudding

Do I want to know what this is? Like black pudding, but from, err *shudders*

binners

Rag pudding is the food of the Gods*. Its basically a flatter version of a babeez yed. Served with chips, peas, and gravy

* if the Gods were from Oldham

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Binners, congratulations! Cheesy chips for me tonight!
    Tesco finest chips (i say!), extra mature cheddar, bacon.

Anything else I need before I head t’ the shops ( apart from beer?)

binners

Wooohoooo. Feel those arteries hardening, as you chomp your way through calory-laden heaven. It goes without saying that ketchup tends to finish off the whole ‘I feel dirty’ experience

Lifer
    Free Member

Get some chives in there

binners

Green stuff? Pfft!

Isn’t there something life-afirmingly wonderful about this place. Molls comes on with his pointers for livening up a boring salad, and before you know it we’ve got monkeysfeet heading out to get the ingredients for cheesy bacon chips. Sort of restores your faith in humanity. Theres hope yet?

Let us know how you get on fella. Whether your eyes roll back in your head like a great white in a feeding frenzy 😀

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Binners, that was ace….. 😀

It can only be described as the food version of visiting a sleazy strip club.

cheez0
    Free Member

Binners wins the salad contest!

chvck
    Free Member

I like how this how swifly gone from salad to doner kebab and cheesy chips, even though I’d prefer the salad!

binners

Glad you enjoyed it! The very filthiest of foods! 😀

slowoldman

I think a nice home made vinaigrette does the job.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Thai beef salad Ish).
    Lots of leafy veg, some quick fry steak, sliced into pieces and flash fried and thrown on top. Lime juice (lots) and dried chilli flakes.
    Quick, tasty

piemonster

I really like salad.

tymbian
    Free Member

Washed spinach-leaves, add
    Grated mature cheddar, add
    Mary Berrys honey mustard salad-dressing..

Enjoy.

Jamie
    Free Member

I really like salad.

Although…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq_OhlQ0ZkA[/video]

stoffel
    Free Member

sliced Turkish spiced lamb cooked on a vertical rotisserie

😆 That;s the second timeyou’ve made me lol today, Binners.

Salad dressing;

Salt, pepper, sprinkle of paprika, lemon juice, olive oil and a teaspoon of white whine. Toss wel.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I was playing salad dressing roulette last week – I was taking my box of salad and a sachet of mayo and then seeing what sauces I could find on-site to add to it.

Mustard and tabasco worked well, brown sauce wasn’t so good.

An inflated sandwich bag makes a wonderful emergency salad shaker.

bigrich

burger!

globalti
    Free Member

You’ve obviously failed to discover the delights of Lebanese food; the freshest, tastiest and healthiest food on the planet.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Salads – a revalation’ is closed to new replies.