Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Saint pads?
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Want to order some spare pads for my new 2010 Saint’s

Anyone any recommendations?

I’ve seen it said the OEM pads are not the best

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Well Superstars are supposed to be good. I ordered some 2 weeks ago but they haven’t arrived yet!

5lab

superstars are cheap and reasonable. seems like a good bet

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I ordered on 20/11/2010, they were dispatched on 22/11/2010 and still not received. Phoned twice in this period and told that I have to wait 10 working days which means that tomorrow I can phone up and they will start to do something about it! Not happy.

Rik
    Free Member

Andy – who are you not happy with superstar or royal mail?
    Sounds like superstar did there job quick enough and now your pads are in the huge backlog of royal mail parcels. Which obviously you now have to wait for royal mail terms and conditions to apply if they are missing which they are probably not but just stuck in the snow.

Chill out man, some of us have a couple if hundred pounds worth of bits waiting to be delivered (others thousands most probably)……..

bonesetter
    Free Member

Any other options than superstar?

slowrider
    Free Member

you can use hope m4 pads if you file the tabs off. very good pads

Pridds

I have got, but not fitted, a set of Swisstop pads for them. I have had their pads on all my other brakes and the differnce that they make is amazing. The XT’s I had went from pretty good with the standard to brilliant with Swisstops and I am expecting similar improvement with the 810’s.
    There not cheap at £24 quid an end but they are cheaper than the Shimano ones and are last well as long as you bed them in properly.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Have you tried the brakes yet? I’ll buy shimano pads again.

mikey74
    Free Member

I had a set of Saint brakes and now a set of SLX brakes and I swear by Shimano pads – I find nothing else lasts as well.

singlespeedstu

Saint for a 7 stone rider in the flatlands?

You fitted Saints to your car then Nige? 😉

bonesetter
    Free Member

I’ve only just fitted the brakes, and haven’t even bed them in with the weather and all, I’m looking out for spares. I suppose I should see how the OEM’s go

SSS – of course the Saint’s are overkill, I just got fed up with issues with the other brakes I’ve tried. They look as if they could stop my car though 😀

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Rik- Only pissed off with superstar with the attitude when I’ve phoned them. Which seems to be , well we’ve sent them, not our problem.

Northwind

I used Superstars in my XTs, same pads I believe, worked very well. They were a wee bit oversized due to the thickness of the coating on the paint but 2 seconds with a file fixed that, once in they were better than OEM.

Andyhilton – Member

“Rik- Only pissed off with superstar with the attitude when I’ve phoned them. Which seems to be , well we’ve sent them, not our problem.”

There’s not much they can do til it passes the mail’s deadlines to be fair. Doesn’t excuse a crap attitude but they can’t file an item as lost/delayed til then.

honourablegeorge

I’ve got Saints on two bikes, and the Superstar Red pads (dual something or whatever) are very good.

benjag
    Free Member

superstar are in Lincoln and I suspect have been up to their balls in snow like us, we’ve only got post for the first time in a week on Sat, they prob did send them and they are sat in the sorting office.

Northwind

Not if they said they posted them on the 22nd I reckon.

R.lepecha

disco brakes pads?
    Quite cheap and work well.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Saint pads?’ is closed to new replies.