Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Saddle that's like a Gobi, but not a Gobi?
  • honourablegeorge

My saddle is a bit worse for wear, have Gobi on two bikes and get on well, wondering if there’s something as light or lighter with a similar profile form another brand?

WTB Silverado, or the Chromag Moon, maybe?

theblackmount
    Free Member

They are pretty light – if it suits your arse why change.

loum
    Free Member

I’ve got a gobi on one bike and get on fine with it.
    On the other I’ve got a prologo and that’s fine too, so they’re worth a try.
    Had an sdg and didn’t get on with it (noisey), and the prologo was on sale at about 80% discount on a crc clearout so gave it a go and it’s all right. Wouldn’t pay full whack for it but I’m a bit tight like that. wiggle have some reduced at the mo’. But saddles could be one thing worth trying before buying- lbs.

honourablegeorge

theblackmount – Member
    They are pretty light – if it suits your arse why change.

The cheap Gobi deal I got seems to have vanished…

soobalias
    Free Member

Ive got a couple of now tatty gobis.

they are expensive and im not looking forward to shelling out for replacements, but they have lasted well, got the first one in 2005 and the second 2nd hand in about ’07. They are really comfy.

ive tried ‘similar’ and always gone back.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Fair enough…

I ‘got on’ with the Gobi which I then broke. Swopped for a Spoon (which can be picked up cheaply in various guises) and I find that more comfortable

langylad
    Free Member

I have a wingflex i have taken off my whyte xt120 that is in pretty good nick which is just lying around the shed. Keep meaning to put it on here if you are interested?

chakaping
    Free Member

Not the Silverado! Not like the Gobi and not at all comfy IME.

SDG Bel Air or Charge Spoon for me.

wrecker
    Free Member

The Bel-Air is LOUD!

soobalias
    Free Member

whoa, how F***ing much.

i love the Gobi, but the Gobi XM is not the same, the flatter profile just isnt as good. So every ‘affordable’ model is now the fat arsed variant, the XM

looking at the current range, the Gobi OO is whats required

on CRC with 10% off, so now just £234.99

*goes for a lie down*

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Saddle that's like a Gobi, but not a Gobi?’ is closed to new replies.