Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Saddle sore?
  • wait4me

Feel free to jest and jape.

Not had one before, but got something sore that becomes worse when in/on the saddle. Looks almost like a skin tag, fluid filled with no obvious head to it. Location: a tad forward of the fold of buttock and thigh.

Of course the answer is to speak to my GP, but does seem rather trifling, sore but trifling. Tempted to attack it with something sharp as squeezing the little blighter may result in me feinting.

Please, clean your hands and administer advice.

poisonspider
    Free Member

Cable cutters?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Got one right now too 🙁

Be meticulous at keeping everything clean down there. Regular application of Sudocreme works well for me. I’d not lance it. Time off the bike if you can. They usually go of their own accord after a few days. Keep an eye on it, I’d not bother the GP unless it started to look angry.

Loads of other threads on here if you google too.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Of course the answer is to speak to my GP

You already gave yourself all the advise you need.

teamslug
    Free Member

Lance it with a red hot spoke?.

bigblackshed

Use a dirty spoke. Get yourself a good staph infection. It will be worth bothering your GP then.

thomthumb
    Free Member

witch hazel works for me. wash it twice a day with witchhazel, and stay off the bike is possible.

colin9

I rub on teatree and witchhazel ointment and they usually go away in a few days. I had a couple after twentyfour12 last weekend, mostly gone now. If you’re continuing riding consider wearing a pair of shorts with a different shaped pad or using a different saddle for a few days to move the pressure points.

wait4me

Thanks chaps, I’ll take your advice. Generally think I keep things pretty clean down there and change shorts after every ride. But am a bit of a sweaty git so guess this can cause problems. Been tolerating it coming and going for a while, but have got a trip to the mountains coming up soon, and last thing I need is it screwed up by a tiny little festering spot.

mrblobby
    Free Member

If trip is imminent then may be worth going to see a GP. If it’s been there a while and keeps coming back, they may suggest antibiotics or a steroid cream.

lardman
    Free Member

See yer GP. They’ll most likely freeze it off. It’s quick and painless (well, i might be lying about painless).

robcolliver
    Free Member

Notch a hole in your saddle, big enough to give it somewhere to nestle, and carry on riding until it bursts on its own.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ve angered mine today with a good two and a half hours on the road bike. The persistent little bugger is a lot less comfortable off the bike than on funnily enough 🙁

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Saddle sore?’ is closed to new replies.