Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Saddle rail mounted rear lights
  • swoosh
    Free Member

Are there any decent ones out there?

Looking to mount one on my saddle rails as can’t mount to the dropper section of my post and the rest is obscured by my mudguard at the moment. I have one on my helmet but I’d like a bike mounted one too. If there isn’t a decent saddle rail one I’m probably going to go for something like the Lezyne Zecto and mount it as high as possible and not drop the post it’s full length but that seems to defeat the object of the post.

cyclistm
    Free Member

I have a couple of moon comets which are fantastic. Although frustratingly the latest one I bought didn’t come with an undersaddle mount, luckily someone in here had one in exchange for a charitable donation.

robbo1234biking

I use on of these but I dumped the back plate and just cable tied it on with a couple of cable ties. You can then use your choice of Cateye light.

https://www.cateye.com/intl/products/parts/5446510/

otsdr
    Free Member

Lupine Rotlicht and the (optional) saddle rail attachment, very neat and bright if you don’t mind the price.

dknwhy

Exposure do one with an optional saddle mount.

Edit:exposure tracer.

richardk
    Free Member

Moon Nebula came with a saddle mount and a post mount. It uses the rails to attach, so if your saddle is pushed fully forward there may not be enough room for it to fit.

BadlyWiredDog

Edit:exposure tracer.

Yeah, there’s an optional under-saddle mount for the Trace-R, works pretty well if you have a conventionally-railed saddle. Obviously doesn’t work if you have a saddle-bag fitted.

Fizik do – or maybe used to do – a purpose built light that clips into their saddles and Cateye, I think, has a compatible mount. Which is fine if you own a Fizik, but irrelevant otherwise.

stumpy01

Most (if not all) of the Moon lights come with saddle rail mounts in the box.

I’ve got an Exposure Tracr with the optional saddle rail mount – I think the mount is about an extra fiver on what is already a £50 light – seems a bit tight not to throw it in, really.

twowheels
    Free Member

As above Moon Nebula II. £25. USB chargeable. 100 lumens.

The only minor thing I don’t like is that from the many constant/flash options there isn’t one quite with my desired frequency.

5lab

the aldi light (which is a moon copy I think) has a rail mount. It also costs about a tenner

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Four4th scorpion is rail mounted. https://four4th.co.uk/products/lights/scorpion/

Kahurangi

The bracket for the Aldi light saddle mount is brittle and will break after at most a couple of months use. The wife and I have broken all four that we have had over the years.

If anyone has one spare, I’d be happy to butcher it up in to something more robust, but don’t waste your money on one if you want to keep it mounted to the saddle and not rattling off down the road :-E

cheers_drive

We do a one that fits GoPro plus a few lights.

https://www.76projects.com/shop/light-mounts-2j3sr

Rob
    76 Projects

5lab

weird, my aldi light was fine all last year (mostly road use, small amount of mountain). Maybe you guys had a bad batch?

nixie

Cheap jobsworth or pharrt light from planet-x/on-one. Ditch the included mount and put two thick zip ties around the rails loosely. Clip light on, tighten zip ties. Job done.

tjagain

myu aldi lights are in their second year now and work just fine. Better than more expensive options

Kahurangi

5lab, TJ. the lights (mine were the moon nebula copies) are ok (poorly sealed, one died in the rain), are yours the same?

It wasn’t just one batch either, I got one about 3 years ago and decided that they must have fixed such an obvious design flaw and bought more a year later!!!

joebristol

Moon Nebula gets my vote – I’m sure there was a saddle rail mount – although I haven’t used it as there’s sometimes a saddle bag on the road bike.

Really good light – on my 2nd winter of commuting with it and still good as new. I use it on a pulse setting where it’s always on at a low level and then flashes bright through that. If you run it on solid at the brightest setting it’s mental bright – going up a wall lined hill near me you can see it lighting up the road next to you on that setting and a car driver moaned it was too bright!

It does have millions of varying settings though. Pulse seems most sensible to me. Also usb chargeable and the battery seems to last a long time on a full charge.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Saddle rail mounted rear lights’ is closed to new replies.