• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by mrl.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Saddle for 5 year old girl
  • Tallpaul

Our daughter has a Frog 48 handed down from her older brother but She finds the saddle uncomfortable. The Frog saddles appear to be unisex as it’s the same one as on the 52 we also have.

Frog don’t appear to sell gender specific seats. Has anyone else’s young daughter had saddle issues, if so did you find something more comfortable?

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

No issues here (4 girls) with islabike or sdg slater saddles apart from I think the balance bikes. Bike fit is worth looking into, most kids I see have the seat too low or bikes too small.

cyclistm
    Free Member

As above I think you might need to adjust saddle angle.

At a slightly older age my daughter got on well with the Madison flux junior saddle.

And cycling shorts will be a revelation if not already using them

tomd
    Free Member

My daughter had a 48 now a 52, she had issues with the saddle on the 52 but after hunting for alternatives I realised the saddle angle was too flat. A bit of a down angle and no issues

northernremedy

Mine has the early rider saddle and always been ok. Worth checking angle etc., as above

Tallpaul

I’ll play with the angle and see how she gets on. Thank you!

stevextc
    Free Member

Frog don’t appear to sell gender specific seats.

What sort of gender specific modifications do you think a 5yr old needs?

mrl

We got the narrowest ergon saddle, 143mm I think to replace the saddle that came on orbea 24 inch bike. Was wider than the stock one but gets no complaints on 30k rides. She is a bit older, 7 when she got the bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.