Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Saddle for 2 1/2yr old?
  • Anthony
    Free Member

So, if our 2nd little boy follows his brothers footsteps he will be on a 12″ wheel pedal bike this spring after having a year on his balance bike. He’s getting the hand me down, freshly painted and looking like new. Sadly the saddle is ruined but I can’t for the life of me find a replacement.

Specification needs to be circa 150-165mm long and circa 120mm wide, just like the old one. It needs normal rails rather than the moulded-in seatpost type affair.

There are loads of £10 saddles on Ebay but they are nearly all 200mm+ long and too wide to match. He’s likely to spend half hour everyday on it so would like to get one that fits.

Anyone any ideas? As a last resort there is the Isla but their’s is still a little too large (their balance bike one is moulded into seatpost).

Cheers Anthony

peabrain
    Free Member

I’ll have a think…

Why not a moulded seatpost one btw?

Anthony
    Free Member

Mainly because it gives more options for moving it around to get the fit right.

That and I’ve spent about an hour respraying the old seatpost and clamp in preparation;-)!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    peabrain
    Free Member

That is as good a reason as any!

neilwheel
    Free Member

I’m sure I have one, brand new, in the spares department but I can’t get to it right now.

If you can wait a couple of days, you’re welcome to it for postage costs.

smurf
    Free Member

Alternatively, get the Kokua saddle (and matching seat post) from Like a Bike.
    £25 for both I recall. You will probably need a shim as the seat post is a non standard size. Total weight is only 276g.

Note that you can’t adjust the seat angle though. It’s OK on my daughters 20″ wheeled bike.

Anthony
    Free Member

Cheers Neil, if it’s a go’er then email me, anthonyrampley at yahoo.com. I’ll probably loose this thread before then!

Will check that out thanks Smurf…

peabrain
    Free Member

Onza mini saddle is what I used for my son’s bike if you do decide to go down that route.

He was 2 when I built the bike and still uses it age 4.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Saddle for 2 1/2yr old?’ is closed to new replies.