Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Saddle Creak
  • davespike1981

Hello, This was about to be another ‘where in the hell can this creak be coming from’ posts but after a second night stripping cleaning and re-greasing potential culprits i sat back staring at my bike in pieces wondering what more i could do with my saddle in my hands, creak.

So my fabric saddle creaks from the rear where the rails enter the plastic base, and i can’t see what i can do to remedy this. Jam some glue down the holes?

Anyone had a similar issue and a cunning plan?

thenorthwind

Came in here expecting some Bright Eyes chat.

Sorry.

longdog
    Free Member

Hmm…. Just had similar but my cambium saddles unscrew so i could take the rails out and grease the sockets, is it not possible to do that with a fabric?

Sit it at an angle and Spray wd40 or gt85 into the area and leave it to soak in?

davespike1981

Yeah, nothing to take apart to get into the sockets, i’ll try flushing with isopropanol tonight

Sitting at an angle did nothing, was fine if you constantly push back off the handlebars, not sure thats a sustainable solution

the00
    Free Member

Some saddles are a nightmare for this. I don’t have a solution, but would be interested to hear.

Near had a problem with Charge or Fizik.

SQ lab lots of creaking.

longdog
    Free Member

I meant take the saddle off and sit it at an angle so that some wd40/gt85 could be sprayed around the sockets and left to soak down any gaps to lube it. Not ride with the saddle at an angle 😂

ads678

Sitting at an angle did nothing, was fine if you constantly push back off the handlebars, not sure thats a sustainable solution

Thinkhe just meant at and angle while you squirt something into the rail sockets, not permanently. edit: too late.

I thought my saddle was creaking, turned out the frame was cracked!!

davespike1981

I should stop trying to work and pay attention to the posts fully!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.