Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • saddle bag for ifly / ibeam
  • flashes
    Free Member

anyone know where I can get a very small saddle bag for ifly / ibeam, or something that will fit.

ta

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

carradice make various post mounted ones

frogstomp

Topeak do an adapter mount to use their QuickClip bags with an iBeam saddle.

100mphplus
    Free Member

If your SDG saddle hasn’t got one, you need to buy one of these clip mounts;- http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=32204 and then do a search for Topeak Quick Clip bags as mentioned above.

I lost a bag that just had the clip and find the bags with the extra vecro strap to go round the seat tube are more secure.

flashes
    Free Member

100mphplus.

Looks good. What does it screw in to?

flashes
    Free Member

Actually I’ve just done some research, (walked out to the garage) the Bel Air has a hole for the mount but the Ibeam doesn’t.

I guess I’ll need a post mounted bag, suggestions?

100mphplus
    Free Member

Interesting, I have 4 SDG FX i-beam saddles and all have the screw hole for the quick clip. The i-fly on my DH bike doesn’t though, but then I don’t want a saddle bag on the DH bike 😆

What i-beam saddle is yours?

SamB
    Free Member

As above – almost all SDG saddles have the screw hole for the quick clip, but the I-Fly does not (presumably to save weight).

If you want a saddle bag you’ll need to either:
    – swap out your I-Fly for a saddle with a screw hole
    – find a saddle bag that only needs to be attached to the post and not the seat

Sadly I don’t know of any bags that attach to just the post – every one I’ve seen attaches to the saddle somehow to stop it slipping down when loaded up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘saddle bag for ifly / ibeam’ is closed to new replies.