Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Sad Saturday
  • longdog
    Free Member

Anyone else get a day when you just feel sad? Not necessarily depressed just reminiscent, sad and comfy with that?

My wife’s away south at a wedding, it’s too windy for an enjoyable ride or swim, and my knee needs a brake anyway and I’m tired.

So I’m sitting here Saturday morning drinking tea, eating fried egg butties and listening to Ocean Colour Scene.

Seems to be ‘a lot of dust in the air’ and I’m happy as a pig in shit feeling perfectly sad thinking about past days.

Must be getting old! Well I am 51🤣

longdog
    Free Member

Bump… for visibility or maybe I’m alone in my happy sadness

oldnpastit

You’re not alone, although the website would have you believe otherwise.

Kryton57

I think mid life alone time is quite often like that. We live busy frantic lives in the main and when you suddenly stop for a bit the mental tide goes out leaving an emotional void.

I don’t think its unhealthy.

longdog
    Free Member

☺️👍

Caher

Don’t listen to Ocean Colour Scene.
    Just had second jab and feel like I’m having a monumental hangover.

longdog
    Free Member

Oh god no, I love listening to them! It’s like a warm fussy embrace. Saw them at Stirling Castle on a perfect evening 20 years ago, they’re my go to for times like this.

longdog
    Free Member

Ive been lucky with the jabs, nothing at all first jab, not even a sore arm. Second time just a very sore arm for a few days, sore enough not to be able to sleep on though.

fasthaggis

Aye,evenings were more perfect 20 yes ago…fact 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s good to have a weekend now and again where you just chill and restore the batteries.

Although, I do hate it when the wife is working weekends tbh.

MoreCashThanDash

I think mid life alone time is quite often like that. We live busy frantic lives in the main and when you suddenly stop for a bit the mental tide goes out leaving an emotional void.

I don’t think its unhealthy.

Well put. Normal life went at a million miles an hour, and even in the current climate, the mind has a lot to process and work through when it has some downtime. It’s not unhealthy.

52, quite enjoy a little Ocean Colour Scene

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Was a bit like that last Sunday. Not sad as such but just a bit down. Got into the garage, looked at my scrap wood pile and built a small workbench. Only took a few hours and the resulting bench is a bit ‘rustic’ so nothing to feel particularly proud about in terms the creation of a decent bit of furniture and workmanship, but was immensely satisfying to have reduced my scrap wood pile and made something that will be incredibly useful. Went into Monday feeling like I’d achieved something that weekend. So my advice is just do something, anything, to take your mind somewhere else.

longdog
    Free Member

So my advice is just do something, anything, to take your mind somewhere else.

Nah, I was quite happy in that state of mind. Not a worrying sad.

Making stuff is good. Finally added a vent to my shed yesterday and si some other jobs.

Zwifting to The Cult just now 😉

longdog
    Free Member

So my advice is just do something, anything, to take your mind somewhere else.

Nah, I was quite happy in that state of mind. Not a worrying sad.

Making stuff is good. Finally added a vent to my shed yesterday and some other bike jobs.

Zwifting to The Cult just now 😉

dropoff

My wife’s away, my completely snapped and fubared ankle is sat in a bucket of cold water and I’m trying to summon up the enthusiasm to convert a lump of cherry wood into a candle holder and games stack for a customer. I think I need some sounds 🤔

ton

i get this too. every now and then i get up feeling a bit down. i might have a plan to do something but then dont seem to be able to motivate myself.
    i spend the day just sat in the garden doing nothing, or scrolling down the internet, not even reading stuff.
    my thoughts tend to be on past events that were good. this makes me feel sad for my present time. it is odd.

glory days innit.

welshfarmer

Nostalgia.
    It’s not what it used to be

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Sad Saturday’ is closed to new replies.