Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Sad news for the ravers
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

DJ Tango passed on yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNHeW0PFF_A

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Poor bloke.

Never mind. I’m sure there’ll be someone else along in a minute to play “duh duh duh duh” music files for the suitably E-loaded druggies to shuffle about to…   😉

CountZero

Never mind. I’m sure there’ll be someone else along in a minute to play “duh duh duh duh” music files for the suitably E-loaded druggies to shuffle about to… 😉

Ooooooh, that’s harsh! True, though, and it made me laugh.

grum
    Free Member

Yup, I’d care far more if he had made prog rock for people with ludicrously overpriced hifi equipment.

DezB
    Free Member

I love it when old people try to criticise music

Not heard of him, but RIP anyway.

brokedog
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px;”>Never mind. I’m sure there’ll be someone else along in a minute to play “duh duh duh duh” music files for the suitably E-loaded druggies to shuffle about to…   </span>😉

good impression of one of those people. a bit over the top maybe, but an amusing parody

Mister-P
    Free Member

Spotted the news on facebook last night. Listened to a couple of old tunes and dad danced in the kitchen for a bit in respect.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

what are the forum rules now regarding ban hammers/ consistently antagonistic awful human beings/ the calling thereof?  Just in case.

leffeboy

eskay

RIP. Classic tune

By some flukish coincidence I have just sat down for lunch and sparked up a Jumping Jack Frost recording from Xstatic 1992 before reading this.

disco_stu
    Free Member

I must have seen Tango & Ratty a fair few times at Atomic Jam back in the day, sad times 🙁

sirromj

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Good grief.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Play it through your sumptuous, expensive HiFi, Woppit. You’ll hear all the musicality. Then start a thread about it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Okydoky. Stand by.

wwaswas

What do you call a raver in a filing cabinet?

Sorted!

igmc.

hedley
    Free Member

I’m more a deep house/techno lover but still enjoy some quality hardcore.

This Every Noise At once map is always worth a play with: http://everynoise.com/engenremap.html

hedley
    Free Member

Why do I get a coffee cup when i try to edit a post?

perchypanther
    Free Member

What do you call a raver in a secure metal box?

Safe!

IWAGMC

perchypanther
    Free Member

Good news for the proper hardcore ravers.

Only 6 sleeps till Christmas.

zippykona

When we went to Egypt in 2006 there was a driver with a sign for DJ Spoony at the airport.

Is he famous?

wwaswas

We need a punchline too? Is it Big Fish Little Fish?

perchypanther
    Free Member

‘Coz the forum’s Starbucked

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So….

Did that.

Nah. You’d still need to be completely off your nuts to fuind it even mildly interesting.

leffeboy

ah joy, perchy is on fire.  Bookmarks for later 🙂

wwaswas

Bookmarks for later

It’s going to Costa bit to do that.

CountZero

I love it when old people try to criticise music

Yeah, they’ve got more experience and a broader perspective on which to base an opinion, just like you do, in fact.
    That sounds like a bunch of stock sound samples and beats chucked together in GarageBand, I’m not hearing anything that a couple of dozen other anonymous producers have done.

perchypanther

‘Coz the forum’s Starbucked

Smokin’!
    🤘🏻

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Mr Woppit

Good grief.

Doubt you’ve got the mental capacity to really appreciate it.

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Tango was good. Tango and Ratty even more so. Proper.

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>Spotted the news on facebook last night. Listened to a couple of old tunes and dad danced in the kitchen for a bit in respect</span>

That made me laugh Mister P.

scaredypants

“perchypanther<span style=”background-color: transparent; font-size: 11px; color: #444444; text-align: center;”>Member</span>

<span style=”background-color: transparent; font-size: unset; color: #444444;”>Good news for the proper hardcore ravers.</span>

<span style=”background-color: transparent; font-size: unset; color: #444444;”>Only 6 sleeps till Christmas”</span>

That is magnificent.  I assume you haven’t just made it up but, regardless, ta !

perchypanther
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>  I assume you haven’t just made it up</span>

Copyright : Somebody funny circa 1989

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

That sounds like a bunch of stock sound samples and beats chucked together in GarageBand, I’m not hearing anything that a couple of dozen other anonymous producers have done.

Looking forward to hearing that! Soundcloud links please.

A rudimentary knowledge of music theory might help them stock samples sound a bit better, you know scales and chords and all that. Still modern slicing, time stretching and re-pitching tools do make it a bit easier.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

That sounds like a bunch of stock sound samples and beats chucked together in GarageBand,

Words fail me.

I have this funny feeling GarageBand didn’t exist thirty years ago.

All these guys might just have been inventing the whole thing as they went along.

Pioneers, you might say.

Sure, it sounds dated.

So do the bloody Beatles.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@mrmonkfinger – I was quoting CountZero, post 27. The quote function doesn’t workie like wat it used ta!

singlespeedstu

When we went to Egypt in 2006

Just miss read that as When we went to Epynt in 2006

aphex_2k
    Free Member

<p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>Words fail me.</p>
    <p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>I have this funny feeling GarageBand didn’t exist thirty years ago.</p>
    <p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>All these guys might just have been inventing the whole thing as they went along.</p>
    <p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>Pioneers, you might say.</p>
    <p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>Sure, it sounds dated.</p>

<p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>So do the bloody Beatles.</p>
    I hear ya

Ever tried to make a banging tune using floppy discs to load samples from (Octamed / Amiga days). Kinda like saying the production and sound quality on a wax gramaphone record is kinda 96k sounding…..

jamj1974

Atomic Jam

Those were the days…

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Sad news for the ravers’ is closed to new replies.