Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Sad day at work.
  • chewkw
    Free Member

I mean those that are made redundant.

😐

NZCol

But they can;t even all agree on What Tyres to use !!!

😉

chewkw
    Free Member

Bomber forks will sort them out in that case :lol:.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stompy

Maybe there should be a ‘services needed section’….. could earn a few quid here and there. We are all skilled in our own little way 😆

NZCol

I know this is not the thread but a few years back I emailed a mate of mine at work and it bounced, i rang him and said “Mate your mails bouncing – i guess they found you and have sacked you !” He said ” Yeah yeah sorry gotta dash boss wants to see me”. He was then marched as a round of redundancies !.
    Met him in the pub for a comiseration beer )once hed found a phone box to berate me and claim that I must have known or set it up !. Quite bizarre that one and not a line I have used since that moment 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

NZcol,

Is he still your mate?

Stompy,

Yes, that is the way to go by helping each other. Who knows it might end up long term and successful.

😀

stompy

I got made redundant right at the beginning of this mess (back in July) I was a narrowboat builder/fitter then. The guys and Gal’s I worked with have been brilliant, as have my mates and family…….. If your willing to work, are polite and can have a good laugh people will give you something to do and pay you…… but you’ve gotta be prepared to do anything.

Believe me it’s interesting, I’ve done some work on boats, mucked out and fed horses, looked after kids, Chased runaway dogs (while supposedly dog sitting), fitted out a shop, built a bike for someone, baked cakes……

The little jobs keep you ticking over, give you a little pocket money and most importently keep you active, You need to keep going or you’ll get idle…..and all this things are experiences that you would otherwise not have had, take this time as an opportunity to ride more, learn to cook, see more of your kids, take up knitting……

I wish all you guys the best in whatever you do…. 😀

NZCol

chewkw – yeah he sure is – he wasn;t actually that bothered as he had been meaning to leave but got ‘stuck’. He took some convincing that I didn’t know what was going on !

Trampus
    Free Member

Good on you, Stompy! Learn from it. Life marches on…

Philby

Sorry to hear about all you guys losing your jobs (or going bankrupt). One of the main things to try and do is stay positive in this situation when there is so much to be negative about.

As well as riding your bikes lots, you might consider doing some voluntary work. When I was made redundant in the 90s I went and did some voluntary work with Oxfam at one of their regional offices. I learned loads of new skills and did things I would never have had the opportunity to do in my previous role in financial services, including my greatest “career” (unemployment) achievement to date. It was a really positive experience at a time when much else was going pear-shaped.

I currently do some voluntary work for the Prince’s Trust training young people in business skills. A friend of mine who was made redundant twice last year expressed interest in coming along. She was so enthusiastic about the experience she has come along twice more and also ran the training session last month when I was unable to do it, and also wants to do some mentoring for young people.

So if you are getting a bit fed up and need some positive things happening in your life, consider doing some volunteering. In some cases it may lead to a job!

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Sad day at work.’ is closed to new replies.