Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sad Dad Update…:)
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

My son, as some of you may remember has ASD, and I’ve posted in the past, being a little sad about not getting him to like riding bikes….

Well, the prognosis is good! He is now pedalling properly. And sometimes remembers where the brake levers are.

Both stabilisers still on, so a way to go yet, but he’s really enjoying it, which is fantastic.

So, thank you for all of you who gave your support. Much appreciated.

To those with children with special needs and a love of bikes….there is always hope….:D

ads678

😀

senorj

excellent.

wwaswas

glad it’s a smiley face now.

Well done AndyHT jnr.

binners

Brilliant news! Thanks for the update Andy 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Fab 🙂

scud
    Free Member

Great stuff! I love watching my daughter (2) fly around on her balance bike, fills this old cynic with joy

tinsy
    Free Member

That’s great Andyrt.
    I have 2 step kids one with autism the other ADHD we have still all enjoyed bike days out and I even had them do a couple of MTB races in the local series, kids are kids and seem to get interested if your interested or so I found anyhow.
    On my todays proud dad thread the kid floating about on the stunt scooter is my stepson he loves to pop out with me on the scooters (yeah bought myself one to play with him and keep up with the nipper) he does seem to prefer his scooter to his MTB but that’s fine they have wheels and we get to go and play.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Nice one . Like your style

sefton
    Free Member

as long as he enjoys it 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

🙂

Clover

😀

1-shed
    Free Member

Hope to get my lad on two wheels this summer. He does love his trike lots. Bike rides consist of round the block, then to the green to watch the busses go past, better than him watching them on you tube. Keep smiling 😀

wwaswas

1 shed

I like this username.

It tells you the current situation whilst hinting that there’s aspiration to increase the number over time.

1-shed
    Free Member

We do now have a boy shed and a girl shed 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sad Dad Update…:)’ is closed to new replies.