Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Sabine Lisicki
  • cheers_drive

Normally I’m quite disciplined about not watching TV when working from home but for reason I feel compelled to watch Lisicki playing. Must be the smile 😀

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

yeah i’m watching too- although from the actual office 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, my dentist would like to give her some advice on making her look better.

The teeth … the teeth …

But she is lovely … :mrgreen:

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I’d like to give you both some personality/social skills advice.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yes, too much gum visible for my tates.

DezB
    Free Member

Fanpop.com? Really chewkw?!

chewkw
    Free Member

TuckerUK – Member

I’d like to give you both some personality/social skills advice.

DezB – Member

Fanpop.com? Really chewkw?!

😯

cheers_drive

One thing I don’t get is how the men and women get equal prize money. Fair enough if they both played the same amount of sets but how many of the men have the time and / or energy to play doubles where many of the women do because of playing less sets.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I keep pronouncing her surname as “Licki”. I’ve no idea why…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Of course I realise that some might find that a bit icki.

camo16
    Free Member

Our girl’s just lost a set guys. Positive vibes required!

nickdavies

Bloody hell, you lot must be pretty picky to fault her on ‘a bit too much gum showing’…

I must need to sort my standards out cos i’d still give an arm (in fact an arm and a leg based on that fanpop picture!) 😉

wilko1999
    Free Member

Not enough gum visible if you ask me

Sorry

badnewz
    Free Member

I hope she wins in the final.

khani
    Free Member

[puts down remote]
    Ah.’.gum’..you say…
    [note to self.. G is not B]

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Neither her look nor her teeth/gums have any relevance IMO. She plays a great game, in a positive manner and with grace and strength combined. So refreshing in comparison with many modern robo-sportsmen/women.

I also hope she wins the final

[and that this can be watched without reference to Bartolli’s physique.]

dannyh
    Free Member

What’s not to like?

She plays tennis the way it should be played (not sitting behind the baseline saying “you make the mistake”). She goes for her shots and has a cannon for a serve. She isn’t built like, or looks like a geezer.

She doesn’t make ridiculous noises when hitting the ball, nor throws a Sharapova hissy fit when it’s not going her way. She beat Steven Williams fair and square and she is very easy on the eye.

I’m a fan.

From this point of view, I also like to watch Kvitova. She plays like Lisicki, and is also easy going and an honest player, albeit without the same score in the crumpet category.

chewkw
    Free Member

Definitely good tennis player. She might win 🙂

scaredypants

out of interest, is either of them a shrieker? – if so, I’m out

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

out of interest, is either of them a shrieker? – if so, I’m out

Don’t think so, no. I think of the two, Bartolli is the more likely to annoy supporters. She has more tics than a stray dog running through long grass in the summer.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

out of interest, is either of them a shrieker?

not when on the court…

mikey74
    Free Member

IMO she looks far better au naturel (and I don’t mean just naked) than she does when all tarted up, but then again I think that about a lot of women.

CountZero

Rather puts me in mind of Amy Acker, the actress.

I certainly wouldn’t be embarrassed to be seen out with either lady.
    Their feelings, on the other hand… 😀

JCL
    Free Member

You need your eyes testing. As nice as the tennis player is she looks like a Rancor compared to that actress (who I’ve never heard of BTW).

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

big fan as she seems to love playing the game (didnt she come back from surgery and blood clots and have to learn to walk again, so just feels grateful to be in the position she’s in) and smiles when she’s losing.

Also a fan of Bartoli as, like countryman Tsonga, she seems to play with her heart on her sleeve, which doesnt always work to her advantage but is great to watch (ordered her dad/coach out of the court last year in a hissy fit).

So, I’m looking forward to final and will be happy whoever wins!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Sabine Lisicki’ is closed to new replies.