Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • s/h Iphone X or wait for the new budget Iphone?
  • Rik
    Free Member

My 3 1/2 year old Iphone SE needs replacing and been holding out for an SE2 which looks to be round the corner for a March 2020 release, with firm rumors that it will be a rebadged Iphone 8 with the guts from the Iphone 11. Price is going to be about $400 which will be for the 64gb version so about £480ish with the larger memory.

But…….

Using eBay discount you can get a ‘pristine’ unlocked Iphone X 256mb phone for about £480 from one of the more reputable sellers on eBay. Which is about £400 cheaper than the offical Apple refurb store

Not sure what to do. The X will have a bigger better screen, probably might be similar camera. New SE will get the A13 chip but its not like the X is a slow phone.

Plan on keeping either for another 3ish years – the X is starting to tempt me

aP
    Free Member

Dunno but my work XR has fantastic battery life. Glad I didn’t have to pay for though.

Rik
    Free Member

Ruled out the XR as its to big same as the Iphone 11 (non pro)

itlab
    Free Member

If the se2 gets the a13 and comes in at £400 like the rumours suggest then it’s an easy win over an iPhone X with a 2 year old battery in it unless you need the larger screen of the x(which you probably don’t if your coming from and se)

monksie
    Free Member

I’ve just put my daughter’s iPhone X up for sale in the classifieds.

disco_stu
    Free Member

I’ve got an SE, my other half has the XR. After using the SE for 2+ years the XR feels way too big, Id get used to it if I got one but I’ll hold out and see if the SE2 comes out.

martymac

My wife’s 2 yo X is in perfect nick, and still works flawlessly, if i had that budget it’s where my money would go.

Rik
    Free Member

I think I can get used to the siE of the X as it’s not much bigger physically than the 8 (ideally I’d still like the size of my SE but that’s not going to happen)

The main plus point of the X is not the screen size but it’s that it’s OLED rather than the 8 and most probably the SE2 which will be LCD.

It looks like it’s only about £70 to get apple to replace the battery a year or two down the line.

Main thing that’s putting me off is contemplating spending £500 on s secondhand phone!! But that seems to be the way now with the technological advances.

But if the SE gets the guts of the 11 it might also get deep fusion for the camera which would be a big plus point.

euain

Amazon seem to have a deal on refurbished iPhones at the moment. Refurb Xs 256GB is £550, 64GB version £520.

I expect they’ll be like new.

Not many in stock by the looks of it.

Rik
    Free Member

Cheers but they are £480 on eBay for a 256gb IPhone X from music magpie – hence the quandary

euain

No problem – didn’t realise it was a refurbished one in the OP. The Amazon ones are the Xs though – year newer, faster, better camera etc.

Rik
    Free Member

Ooo….sorry Euain missed that bit – cheers

Rik
    Free Member

Bugger missed the deal…..

rossburton
    Free Member

I’m playing the long game: refurb SE2 from Argos etc (shop returns, not second hand).

Tallpaul

£480 sounds awfully optimistic. It’s £479 today for a 64gb 8 and £729 for the corresponding 11.

I’d have thought £600 would be more realistic

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Waiting for iPhone releases is a mugs game. particularly for the SE2. Although the web is full of March 2020 rumours, there is also quite a bit of speculation it will never happen.

Kuco

The only time I ever believe anything coming from Apple is when it is actually launched, as so many rumors and theories go around from so many different sources.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Long time SE owner here. I thought the 11 would be way too large and for the first week it did but now feels fine.

Much better for browsing. I can write on it much more accurately. Camera is great.

SE2 rumours are for 8 body so it’s not much smaller but most significantly wont have Face ID. You don’t realise until you use it but so much better than fingerprint.

plus-one

Yes the edge to edge screen on newer iPhones plus Face ID make them the better bet

benp1

I have a iPhone XS for personal use. Just got a work XR. It’s very good – quick and great battery life. Camera not as good but it’s my work phone so not fussed

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Other benefits of latest iPhones – genuinely good battery life, and much better bluetooth. I’m getting no dropouts at all on my AfterShokz BT phones when riding in traffic now. With the old SE they used to cut out regularly (seemed worse when it was busy so I’m suspecting it was other bluetooth traffic/noise that caused the issue).

CountZero

The only time I ever believe anything coming from Apple is when it is actually launched, as so many rumors and theories go around from so many different sources.

When it comes to phones, Apple pretty much stick to fixed release dates, periferals like the AirPods can sometimes catch people by surprise by being released before they’re expected. Computers, on the other hand…

zilog6128

check HUKD regularly (or set up an alert!) Sadly you’ve already missed the phone deal of the year when O2 were punting out the iPhone XR for £329 last week!!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘s/h Iphone X or wait for the new budget Iphone?’ is closed to new replies.